Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

This is how mine reads on walmart online site

As of August 04, 2011
your FICO® Score is:
Valued Contributor
bunnyrabbit

Oh my goodness ~ this thread makes me to app for one ... but  I really don't need any more cc.   If I'm going to app for this, it will be same reason as other members ... FREE score!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Regular Contributor
911gt34life

the only reason i apply for walmart card is free fico score :smileyhappy: Black friday is coming.

Frequent Contributor
Juss11

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Juss11 wrote:

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!

I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Regular Contributor
tburns

I got a nice jump. Not sure what did it though.

713 - July

688 - Aug

696 - Sept

740 - Oct

I know the drop in Aug was due to getting my car loan and I guess the slight rebound was due to it not being such a new account the next 2 months. But a 44 point jump this month? Only thing I can think of is 2 of my CCs hit 1 year this month but that still seems like a huge jump for that?

Valued Contributor
visorboy1974

MarineVietVet wrote:

I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I think the wide range in scores is because TU has come out with a bunch of different scoring methods over the past 15 years.  Here is the 98 TU formula and who knows if WalMart is the TU 04 or 08?  I can attest that the score matched a CLI request score that was mailed to me a few days ago which is 680.  My other 2 TU scores range from 727-740.  

Regular Contributor
Gotagoal

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

Contributor
MagicShot

Gotagoal wrote:

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

There both FICO but we believe Walmart is using a newer FICO scoring model than on here.

Frequent Contributor
Juan123

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+