cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
j545646

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

No the free walmart score is not a true trans union score. Mine was 30 points lower than what I purchased from my fico. I got the free walmart score then purchased my transunion from my fico. Way off....
Message 191 of 204
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@j545646

Sorry, this is incorrect. The Walmart CS is a true FICO. the version sold here is different.
Message 192 of 204
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 193 of 204
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
@j545646

Sorry, this is incorrect. The Walmart CS is a true FICO. the version sold here is different.

Specifically, the score provided by Walmart is the TU FICO 8 score - the latest version of TU FICO - while myFICO sells the 15 year-old TU 98 (yes, as in 1998) score. Most lenders using TU FICO scores currently use TU 04 (2004).  So, basically, the score you got from Walmart is too new and the one from myFICO too old to be all that useful to consumers (IMO, of course).  Smiley Happy

Message 194 of 204
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@josh995 wrote:

Edited to remove unethical advice  guiness56, myFICO Moderator

Thanks, but that is old news on this forum--like this thread. It is a question of ethics. The more that people abuse their free Fico scores like you're talking about, the less likely Wal Mart is to continue to give them out free. 

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 195 of 204
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@josh995 wrote:

Edited to remove unethical advice.  guiness56, myFICO Moderator

Thanks, but that is old news on this forum--like this thread. It is a question of ethics. The more that people abuse their free Fico scores like you're talking about, the less likely Wal Mart is to continue to give them out free. 

Exactly, a bit of restraint can go a long way toward not ruining a good thing for everyone.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 196 of 204
josh995

I didn't realize it was unethical or abuse. Does walmart or the company issuing the card have to pay for it each time they check?

Message 197 of 204
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@josh995 wrote:

I didn't realize it was unethical or abuse. Does walmart or the company issuing the card have to pay for it each time they check?

Yes, they aren't free. 

Message 198 of 204
kawaiiguy
Established Member

Has anyone found out yet what "version" of FICO the Walmat Card is giving us??

Just FYI to anyone else wondering out there a lot of cards are doing this for free now. 

(These are what I have had or have...)  and STILL searching for a card that offers an Equifax score!!!  If you know of one please let me know!

Walmart: Trans. FICO (or 8, who knows)

First National Bank Omaha: Exp. FICO8

Merrick Bank: Trans. FICO8

US Bank: "Exp. Score"

Discover Trans. FICO (Barclay's is the same score too)

Message 199 of 204
Jedimaster
Established Member

@kawaiiguy wrote:

Has anyone found out yet what "version" of FICO the Walmat Card is giving us??

GE Walmart Card is using Transunion FICO8

Message 200 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.