cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
treefrogger
New Contributor

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I logged into my Walmart credit card account and see you can now get your TransUnion FICO score for free!

Under "Account Services" click on "View FICO Score".

This is awesome.

Message 1 of 204
203 REPLIES 203
tburns
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Nice. Thanks for the info.

I was expecting my score to be lower since I recently applied for an auto loan and had 6 INQ's hit my reports.

713!! Can't complain. I'll probably dip again once the loan hit my reports but I'm in gardening mode for the next 6-12 months anyways now.

Message 2 of 204
cf2701
Regular Contributor

Awesome!  I have never noticed that on my account before.  Thanks for sharing, great find!

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 3 of 204
texasman07
Established Contributor

Wow thanks!! It beats paying 19.95 every time!! THANKS!!!! Mine droppped a few points due to new accounts Im now at 623 :-(
Message 4 of 204
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for telling us.  I just checked my husband's (and then told him about it, ha ha - he doesn't mind, he was getting ready for work and he was just thrilled to see it - he has a WM card and I don't, also) and his score is 720.

That may not sound like much to some of you, but for someone who has seen numbers like 615 in the last few years, it's huge.  It's reason to have a party.  He just paid off all his cards, remember.  He has a debt to credit ration of like 1% right now.

The reasons given as "factors that detract from your score" were "public record" and "account age too new."  He has  a BK from 2004 and two PAID tax liens from 2005.  How long will it take until these stop holding him back, does anyone know?  And how much do they hold a score back?  His account age is like 4 years, I think, due to too many new accounts in the last few years.

Anyway, 720 is still awesome since I don't think we've ever seen anything int he 700s for either of us since we started tracking, and since each of us went through separate BKs in 2002 and 2004.

Senior Contributor

Thanks OP, Looks like you have to enroll

I got 666 for my Fico Score but my TU is the worst of all 3, but it was so nice to get it for free

--

Because you have enrolled to receive Electronic Statements, you can also enroll to view your FICO® Score for free!

FICO® Scores determine the interest rates you pay on credit cards, mortgages and auto loans. Knowing your FICO Score can save you big money!

Here are the benefits:

• View your FICO Score here for free!
  • See what is helping and hurting your FICO Score
  • See your updated FICO Score each month
  • Track the progress of your FICO Score history up to 12 months

Note: Viewing your FICO® Score will have no effect on your overall FICO Score
Message 6 of 204
john398
Senior Contributor

Also if you click view your credit report it takes you to myfico, so they must have a deal with this site thats awesome

Message 7 of 204
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks for the post!

This is too cool!  I rarely use this card, but this score thing makes it worthwhile to have.

Is there any kind of limit on the number of times you can check your score using this feature (ie: only twice a month, etc)??

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 8 of 204
Smarter
Regular Contributor

THANKS!  I can't believe I never saw this!

Message 9 of 204
Laura2323
New Contributor

This is great - never realized it was there.  Strange thing is I ordered by transunion report from my fico this morning and then saw the walmart thread.  I then got my number from the walmart link and it was different from the one I had gotten 30 minutes earlier from myfico (by only about 3 or 4 points).  Kinda weird ...

Message 10 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.