cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Thanks! Are there differences in the initial CL's between the 2 cards? Do both cards get you the FICO score?

Message 91 of 204
Guava
Established Contributor

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 92 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

@silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

Yeah as your Credit gets better GEMB actually has a lot better CLIs

Message 93 of 204
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@silver0187 wrote:

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 94 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I bought a vehicle Saturday and my TU was one point higher than what Walmart showed today! It has to be a FICO and not a FAKO for sure!

Message 95 of 204
ColdWater3000

Thank you.  i was about to pay for my score.  I will check it out.  Smiley Happy

Message 96 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got an e-mail about it. Very exciting! :-)

Message 97 of 204
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Anyone know the credit requirements for the Discover Card? i am on the market for 1 more card and wouldn't mind getting one that gives me a free fico score every month.

Message 98 of 204
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received an email today, as well.  I wanted to log in here first to make sure it was a legit offer before I clicked to enroll. I'm glad that they're offering the TU score...I'm already getting my EX score from PSECU every month. Now all we need is a company to offer the EQ score for free! Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 99 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

@britishbooklady wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received an email today, as well.  I wanted to log in here first to make sure it was a legit offer before I clicked to enroll. I'm glad that they're offering the TU score...I'm already getting my EX score from PSECU every month. Now all we need is a company to offer the EQ score for free! Smiley Happy 

DCU gives a free monthly EQ FICO if you have Checking and do 2 of these 3 things.  Actually, I think tomorrow should be the next score update.

How to qualify
With any DCU Checking Account you'll receive these benefits automatically every month you do any 2 of the following 3 things:
  1. Direct deposit your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your checking account2
  2. Receive all your DCU statements electronically3
  3. Have an active loan with DCU (such as a DCU Visa Credit Card)

DCU

Message 100 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.