cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

This is how mine reads on walmart online site

As of August 04, 2011
your FICO® Score is:
661
Message 181 of 204
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Oh my goodness ~ this thread makes me to app for one ... but  I really don't need any more cc.   If I'm going to app for this, it will be same reason as other members ... FREE score!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's very tough with small income ~ The Rewards are big little helper to me.
Message 182 of 204
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

the only reason i apply for walmart card is free fico score Smiley Happy Black friday is coming.

Message 183 of 204
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!

Message 184 of 204
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!


Juss11 wrote:

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!


I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 185 of 204
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

I got a nice jump. Not sure what did it though.

 

713 - July

688 - Aug

696 - Sept

740 - Oct

 

 

I know the drop in Aug was due to getting my car loan and I guess the slight rebound was due to it not being such a new account the next 2 months. But a 44 point jump this month? Only thing I can think of is 2 of my CCs hit 1 year this month but that still seems like a huge jump for that?

Message 186 of 204
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!


MarineVietVet wrote:

I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

 

 

 

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".


I think the wide range in scores is because TU has come out with a bunch of different scoring methods over the past 15 years.  Here is the 98 TU formula and who knows if WalMart is the TU 04 or 08?  I can attest that the score matched a CLI request score that was mailed to me a few days ago which is 680.  My other 2 TU scores range from 727-740.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 187 of 204
Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

 

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

 

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

 

 

Message 188 of 204
Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!


Gotagoal wrote:

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

 

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

 

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

 

 


There both FICO but we believe Walmart is using a newer FICO scoring model than on here.

Message 189 of 204
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

is that a good thing or a bad thing?


Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 190 of 204