cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

This is how mine reads on walmart online site

As of August 04, 2011
your FICO® Score is:
Message 181 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my goodness ~ this thread makes me to app for one ... but  I really don't need any more cc.   If I'm going to app for this, it will be same reason as other members ... FREE score!

Message 182 of 204
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

the only reason i apply for walmart card is free fico score Smiley Happy Black friday is coming.

>
Message 183 of 204
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!

Message 184 of 204
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Juss11 wrote:

It cant be a true myfico score. Also the person who said take 15 points off and thats your score, has no clue what he is talking about.There are alot of things that facor a credit score,from ones credit to the next. I just did a walmart fico and it put me at 546. I knew this was wrong,so I paid for a transunion myfico and it put me at a 652. So who do you believe walmart or myfico? Im going with myfico!

I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 185 of 204
tburns
Regular Contributor

I got a nice jump. Not sure what did it though.

713 - July

688 - Aug

696 - Sept

740 - Oct

I know the drop in Aug was due to getting my car loan and I guess the slight rebound was due to it not being such a new account the next 2 months. But a 44 point jump this month? Only thing I can think of is 2 of my CCs hit 1 year this month but that still seems like a huge jump for that?

Message 186 of 204
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I can assure you that it is indeed a true Transunion FICO score. This comes from a very highly placed source at myFICO. We just don't know yet what version it is.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

I think the wide range in scores is because TU has come out with a bunch of different scoring methods over the past 15 years.  Here is the 98 TU formula and who knows if WalMart is the TU 04 or 08?  I can attest that the score matched a CLI request score that was mailed to me a few days ago which is 680.  My other 2 TU scores range from 727-740.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 187 of 204
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

Message 188 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

@Gotagoal wrote:

It's my understanding that the Walmart score updates about 1 x a month.  

I'm curious why my Fico score via Walmart is 32 points LOWER than the FICO score on myFico for TU.

Anyone know why?  I would expect them to be identical.

There both FICO but we believe Walmart is using a newer FICO scoring model than on here.

Message 189 of 204
Juan123
Established Contributor

is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 190 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.