Regular Contributor
kal9988

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Thanks! Are there differences in the initial CL's between the 2 cards? Do both cards get you the FICO score?

Established Contributor
Guava

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
MagicShot

silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

Yeah as your Credit gets better GEMB actually has a lot better CLIs

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

silver0187 wrote:

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Established Member
brownidgirl

Awesome! I bought a vehicle Saturday and my TU was one point higher than what Walmart showed today! It has to be a FICO and not a FAKO for sure!

ColdWater3000

Thank you.  i was about to pay for my score.  I will check it out.  :smileyhappy:

Established Member
ASHER78

I just got an e-mail about it. Very exciting! :-)

Regular Contributor
Denny33142

Anyone know the credit requirements for the Discover Card? i am on the market for 1 more card and wouldn't mind getting one that gives me a free fico score every month.

Regular Contributor
britishbooklady

ASHER78 wrote:

I just received an email today, as well.  I wanted to log in here first to make sure it was a legit offer before I clicked to enroll. I'm glad that they're offering the TU score...I'm already getting my EX score from PSECU every month. Now all we need is a company to offer the EQ score for free! :smileyhappy: 

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Regular Contributor
shadow2k

britishbooklady wrote:

ASHER78 wrote:

I just received an email today, as well.  I wanted to log in here first to make sure it was a legit offer before I clicked to enroll. I'm glad that they're offering the TU score...I'm already getting my EX score from PSECU every month. Now all we need is a company to offer the EQ score for free! :smileyhappy: 

DCU gives a free monthly EQ FICO if you have Checking and do 2 of these 3 things.  Actually, I think tomorrow should be the next score update.

How to qualify
With any DCU Checking Account you'll receive these benefits automatically every month you do any 2 of the following 3 things:
  1. Direct deposit your net pay, Social Security, or pension to your checking account2
  2. Receive all your DCU statements electronically3
  3. Have an active loan with DCU (such as a DCU Visa Credit Card)

DCU

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}