cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
Credit_Ranger
Valued Member

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Does anyone know if the Fico score service is available to business card users?  I'd really like to get the monthly score but definitely do not need another new trade line on my personal Credit report.   Does GEMB/Walmart biz card report to personal?  Any Walmart business card holders out there?

Message 101 of 204
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Unfortunately, folks, I seem to have struck out in my attempts at finding out the version of the TU score being offered through this program.  Sorry I wasn't able to get you this information, though, regardless of the version being provided, it does look like a good deal!

-Barry

Message 102 of 204
poet
Regular Contributor

I was surprised to run across this tonight, and I was skeptical about pushing the button and accidentally being tricked into signing up for some monthly-fee monitoring service. What a great surprise to be able to check the score for free! I really appreciate this.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 103 of 204
poet
Regular Contributor

Maybe the fact tha they're seven new accounts lowers the average age of all of them.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Message 104 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Barry wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@silver0187 wrote:

Both cards are backed by GEMB, so the you should expect stingy CL, unless you have a great credit profile of course.

As to the score being FICO or not, Barry, the site adminstrator, is still working on validating that i think.

The score is definitely a TU FICO score. What is being researched is what version of TU is being offered.

And the TU score is for both the store card and Discover card.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Unfortunately, folks, I seem to have struck out in my attempts at finding out the version of the TU score being offered through this program.  Sorry I wasn't able to get you this information, though, regardless of the version being provided, it does look like a good deal!

-Barry

Thanks for trying, Barry! Smiley Happy  Maybe one day GEMB or Walmart will reveal it to us. Until then, it is still a pretty good deal.

Message 105 of 204
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Maybe if we called gemb they would tell us.

Message 106 of 204
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Barry for looking into this . . .

Could you summarize for us, what are and how many are "Official" TU FICO versions and restate the version we buy here?

Thanks

SCUBA

Message 107 of 204
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

I also signed up for this free service. However, the fico score at walmart.com was 26 points lower than myfico score!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 108 of 204
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Prettylady1 wrote:
I also signed up for this free service. However, the fico score at walmart.com was 26 points lower than myfico score!!!

Ouch...perhaps they're doling out one of the 'enhanced' versions that weighs some variables more heavily than TU98.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 109 of 204
sinceregal09
Valued Member

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Woohoo! I clicked on my Account Services this morning and was able to view my TU FICO score as well. Now coincidently, I just pulled my score here yesterday. There is only a 1 point difference - Walmart shows it at 709 and here it showed as 708. My credit utilization went up from 3% to 6% so once the payments get credited, I should see an increase....

Starting Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Current Score: TU-720, EQ-692, EX(FAKO)-766
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 110 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.