Valued Member
CUFINANCE

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

[ Edited ]
Key Factors Affecting your FICO® Score
You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.The remaining balance on your installment loans is too high.
Your FICO ® Score evaluates your total revolving credit balances in relation to your total credit limits on those accounts. In your case, this ratio of balances to credit limits is too high.Your FICO ® Score weighs the balances of your installment loans (such as auto or student loans) against the original loan amounts. In general, when you first obtain an installment loan your balance is high, and as you pay this loan down, the balance decreases.
Keep this in mind: This credit usage ratio is one of the most important factors to your FICO ® Score, so you should work on paying down your balances. Your FICO ® Score looks at your total ratio of revolving debt, and also your ratio of revolving debt on your individual credit accounts. Therefore, consolidating or moving your debt from one account to another will usually not help your FICO ® Score since the same total amount is owed.Keep this in mind: This factor will have less of a negative impact on your FICO ® Score as you pay down your installment loans and the total balance decreases.

Looks like it puts more emphasis on utilization, and also looks at the remaining balance on installment loans.

Frequent Contributor
dookdig

[ Edited ]

They declined me for having short credit history and not enough revolving accounts. first reason is sound but second reason is lame. I have 7 open revolving accounts which is considered too many in TU scoring. How would 7 accounts be considered insufficient? Last time they pull only EQ but this time they left marks on both EQ and TU.

krook

[ Edited ]

sweet, glad I checked on this.  I applied for an off road motorcycle loan but was denied because my credit file is too thin.  I applied for 3 cc's today and was declined, but I was approved for the walmart card.  So I added another trade line to my credit file thanks to this thread.  

I have a question, I just opened my account today, do I need to make a $100 purchase today to qualify to see my TU score, or is that to qualify for the $20 cash back rebate thing?  Also, right now I just have a temporary number and I can't even see it, all I see is xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-5419, do I need to wait till I get my card and letter from them to have my account number so I can register online and see my score?

Once again, thanks for this site, its holding my hand while I build my credit.

Contributor
MagicShot

to qualify for the 20 bucks off. I think it was to be on the same or first purchase too.

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

MagicShot wrote:

to qualify for the 20 bucks off. I think it was to be on the same or first purchase too.

The purchase needs to be made today online, otherwise you won't get it.

FICO: EX: 756 (8/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 6 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 35 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

dookdig wrote:
They declined me for having short credit history and not enough revolving accounts. first reason is sound but second reason is lame. I have 7 open revolving accounts which is considered too many in TU scoring. How would 7 accounts be considered insufficient? Last time they pull only EQ but they left marks on both EQ and TU.

Are those 7 accounts fairly newish?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Frequent Contributor
dookdig

LilMirth wrote:

dookdig wrote:
They declined me for having short credit history and not enough revolving accounts. first reason is sound but second reason is lame. I have 7 open revolving accounts which is considered too many in TU scoring. How would 7 accounts be considered insufficient? Last time they pull only EQ but this time they left marks on both EQ and TU.

Yes, It's fairly new with most of them under 6 months old. They should give more accurate reasons like " insufficient history on revolving accounts" rather than not enough number of revolving accounts.

Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

dookdig wrote:

LilMirth wrote:

dookdig wrote:

Yes, It's fairly new with most of them under 6 months old. They should give more accurate reasons like " insufficient history on revolving accounts" rather than not enough number of revolving accounts.

I'm guessing that is GEMBs way of saying "insufficient history" on your current accounts. Still, I have to agree with you-- It would be lovely if lenders could be more precise, and less vague. I guess that's too much to hope for, though, huh?

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Regular Contributor
randaljon

Should I wait for my acocunts to age a year before I apply for Walmart or Target? Most of my accounts are 6 months old or less.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Established Member
bbloomen

Pulled the trigger on the walmart card... Approved for $500 CL.... Worth it to get free TU FICO scores!   I'll use it once in a while if I ever go to walmart, but hey it's a new trade line so it can't be that bad!

FICO EQ: 727, FICO TR:685, FAKO EX: ???

Whats in My Wallet: AMEX Gold | Chase Freedom | Capital One Platinum | Best Buy CC | Walmart CC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+