cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Has anyone gotten a clear picture of which TU score this might be? There seem to be a lot of discrepancies between this one and the TU score we buy here. I'd app for the card in order to get the score monthly, but I don't really need a new card...and I want to make sue what score I'd be getting.

Message 71 of 204
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I agree with Lynette.

Once Barry provides the validity of the score, then would be the time to apply.

Barry? Any updates you can share?

Thanks!

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 72 of 204
allaboutcredit
Valued Member

Well, after seeing folks getting free fico scores thru walmart card, I applied just now and got approved with $ 700 credit line. Would rarely use it though, thanks !

Message 73 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier this month I subscribed to the quarterly TU monitoring with the 4 FICO scores and 4 TU credit reports offered through My FICO (I paid for the year long subscription instead of only 3 months at a time). I wish I had waited and just gotten this credit card. Since then I've read that the TU FICO offered here isn't the most recent version anyway, it's the FICO98 versus FICO04 which most mortgage lenders use. Even if the Walmart one ends up being some bankcard enhanced FICO instead of FICO04, it is free. If it ends up being FICO98, it's still free.

I would rather buy the credit reports from the individual agencies since they seem more detailed.

Edited to add: And if it turns out to be FICO04, that's better than what you can buy on this site. (I'm starting to feel disgruntled.)

Edited again to add: I subscribed mainly because I was curious what effect my new mortgage will have on my FICO score through the next year. The Walmart FICO version would have sufficed for me, and been provided monthly instead of quarterly to boot.

Message 74 of 204
newstar87
Established Member

Did all you guys get online instant approval or have to wait for snail mail response?

Message 75 of 204
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Curious business model FICO has. I never opted to get the free EQ from DCU. However I now get free EX from PSECU and some form of TU free as long as that lasts from Walmart/GEMB. You can get a discounted EQ from EQ itself for 11 bucks now. Why would FICO think anyone would want to pay 15 bucks for a score let alone 20. I have no idea why they would think raising their price is a good idea. 

Message 76 of 204
Guava
Established Contributor

@newstar87 wrote:

Did all you guys get online instant approval or have to wait for snail mail response?

Instant approval online for me

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 77 of 204
newstar87
Established Member

Mine told me they will send out mail response. Does it mean they denied me? Anybody here got same situation as mine? I don't see options to select Walmart Discover Card? or Walmart will decide which one I am ilegible for?

Message 78 of 204
smallfry
Senior Contributor

If you want a Walmart card you should apply in the store. So I've heard anyway.

Message 79 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:

Curious business model FICO has. I never opted to get the free EQ from DCU. However I now get free EX from PSECU and some form of TU free as long as that lasts from Walmart/GEMB. You can get a discounted EQ from EQ itself for 11 bucks now. Why would FICO think anyone would want to pay 15 bucks for a score let alone 20. I have no idea why they would think raising their price is a good idea. 

I'm guessing they must charge the banking/credit card institutions for the scores and make more from that than from the individual consumers buying scores due to sheer volume.

Message 80 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.