Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart missed up my plans reported earlier than I thought

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Walmart missed up my plans reported earlier than I thought

I thought they reported on the 20th. Buy they did today. Just paid them off yesterday $2800. 

Was as trying to get a little score boost so I can app next month when a bunch of my new accounts reach 1 and 2 yrs old. 

I just realized they reported  early on short months. How can I get them, to up date to the bureaus.  

Also just paid Chase 5k. Hope that reports 0 soon. 

Anyone call  backdoor or talk to a manager to explain etc. 

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Trying to to get my TU score over 700 it's @ 698.  Looking for a card with decent starting limits and bl transfers.  

Ps sorry about grammar kids jumping all over me!

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart missed up my plans reported earlier than I thought

@My_Fako wrote:

I thought they reported on the 20th. Buy they did today. Just paid them off yesterday $2800. 

Was as trying to get a little score boost so I can app next month when a bunch of my new accounts reach 1 and 2 yrs old. 

I just realized they reported  early on short months. How can I get them, to up date to the bureaus.  

Also just paid Chase 5k. Hope that reports 0 soon. 

Anyone call  backdoor or talk to a manager to explain etc. 

Any help would be most appreciated. 

@Anonymous to to get my TU score over 700 it's @ 698.  Looking for a card with decent starting limits and bl transfers.  

Ps sorry about grammar kids jumping all over me!

This being a short month most likely doesnt have anything to do with it as the statement cycle date is fixed. They are known to report big moves in balance (+ or -) and that is why they reported you had paid off the account. Chase will report 0 balance the same day the account reaches 0 just give it a few days to show at the CRA.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would have to argue that the day your statement cuts is not fixed. Especially with Synchrony some months it's the 9th others it's the 6th. I honestly can't keep up with it. Kohls also cut early the 16th I believe when it's usually the 19th. So now my cards r reporting balances this month.
Message 3 of 9
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Any idea how to get Synchrony to re-report so it shows a 0 balance?

I've worked real hard to get everything to 0 and this Walmart reporting $2300+ is not helping my plan. 😡

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Message 4 of 9
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I just got Sync to report a CLI by changing St in my address to Street.  The system automatically changed it back but it still reported the change to the CRAs.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 5 of 9
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hubby's Sam's and Lowe's cards also closed a day early this month. I do think being February has something to do with it. First time since he opened them last year that they haven't closed on the 18th and 20th respectively.
Message 6 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

My Wal-Mart account normally reports on the 11th of every month, but last month it reported on the 8th and then reported on the 9th this month. So, while the due date has remained the same as day 1, the closing and reporting date has fluctuated last month and this month and last month was not a short month. Luckily, my reporting balance has been less than $5.00. So, I'm not quite sure what's really going on. No issue with my other Synch accts.
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 7 of 9
My_Fako
Established Contributor

I changed my address from Ave to Avenue. My account updated the next day with Exp,  just waiting for Tu and Eq to follow suit. 

Message 8 of 9
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Almost all of my statements cut early this month!!

And both Target and Cap One reported pending charges. That one surprised me! My previous balance on Target was $1701. I brought it down to report 24% util. I had a pending charge for about $30 (no biggie on util) but it included that pending charge. And the charge is STILL pending. lol.

Cap One, my balance was $47 with a pending $101 charge. Statement cut a day "late" and showed the charge. I've never had that happen before!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.