Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart's tu fico vs My fico tu fico

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Walmart's tu fico vs My fico tu fico

Can someone tell my why there is a difference between the two scores.

This is very troubling to say the least.

example. i just had co removed early due to obsolete.

I checked my tu fico here. which said 669.

However my walmart fico says 708. I really don't know who to beleive anymore.

In any case. should there be such a difference since they both are transunion. with exact same information on the reports.

troubling to say the least.

My fico is the one saying 669

walmart says as of aug 6 708

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart's tu fico vs My fico tu fico

I believe the Walmart Fico is a new model of the Tranusion scoring system, the '08 and the one on this site is from '98, while most lenders, I think use the '04 model. My Walmart Fico usally mirrors the scores I receive from credit cards but not for mortgage applications-it's usally about 30 points higher. My fico on here is was lower as well. Some one with a little more expertise can add more to this...but they are both accurate scores just different models.

Message 2 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@anca21bi wrote:

I believe the Walmart Fico is a new model of the Tranusion scoring system, the '08 and the one on this site is from '98, while most lenders, I think use the '04 model. My Walmart Fico usally mirrors the scores I receive from credit cards but not for mortgage applications-it's usally about 30 points higher. My fico on here is was lower as well. Some one with a little more expertise can add more to this...but they are both accurate scores just different models.

Myfico upgraded to tu 08 they should be the same that is odd. Did anything change between score pulls 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

Earlier in the week I asked for exclusion for early delete on Transunion. They guy. (Little English). Starting reading script. So I know he understood me. I interrupted him. He said you must want to dispute. I said whatever. 2 months to go. Wednesday. I don't see co. Maybe that's it since walmart updates only once a month. I just paid for my fico. Couple days Ago. Not sure. I won't sweat. In garden. Until next summer. Will just buckle down. Thanks guys.
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:
Earlier in the week I asked for exclusion for early delete on Transunion. They guy. (Little English). Starting reading script. So I know he understood me. I interrupted him. He said you must want to dispute. I said whatever. 2 months to go. Wednesday. I don't see co. Maybe that's it since walmart updates only once a month. I just paid for my fico. Couple days Ago. Not sure. I won't sweat. In garden. Until next summer. Will just buckle down. Thanks guys.

Did you purchase the one pull, are you using Quarterly Monitoring?

All new pulls should've already been migrated to TU 8 as others have mentioned.  If you asked for a dispute and something changed in between the two pulls, all bets are off as those do absolutely wonky things.

They should be identical scorewise otherwise.

        
Message 5 of 7
taxi818
Super Contributor

I only did 1pull not even sure what quarterly monthly. Is. Since I'm not apping it's ok. But hmm not sure why dispute creates confusion 

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@taxi818 wrote:

I only did 1pull not even sure what quarterly monthly. Is. Since I'm not apping it's ok. But hmm not sure why dispute creates confusion 

Because disputes can completely discount the tradeline under dispute from scoring.

Can't even apply for a mortgage with a dispute on your account (or a dispute remark even, silly Desktop Underwriter can't tell the difference apparently).

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.