Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart store card - Payment made but not by me

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Walmart store card - Payment made but not by me

Very bizarre situation I've just become aware of. I was checking over my accounts to see what my payments are for this month and when I got to my Walmart account the balance was zero. A payment, looks like an account credit actually because it has "CR" next to it, was made on the 10th, the same day my statement cut. I didn't make the payment, and to confirm that I checked the account payment history and the last payment made was for December. I also have no returns with Walmart. Has anyone experienced this before?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart store card - Payment made but not by me

Do you have autopay set up on the account? 

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 2 of 4
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

i had a similar situation also but with my amazon prime store card.  i got 2 emails indicating 2 payments have been made to my account.  however nothing showed on my bank account, i dont have auto pay set up and no payments posted to my amazon account since i made my payment in december.  i contacted support and was advised no payments were made and i should monitor all accounts for suspicous activity.  they adivsed me my account was "noted" as to what is going on.   its been over a week now and nothing has happened.    perhaps it was one of those phishing emails made to look official, wanting me to login to an account with their provided links.  who knows.   all i can do is keep a sharp eye on things.   after someone attempted to use my identity to open up several accounts at ally bank last summer,  i monitor my stuff religiously. 

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

^^^Could be. I never open those emails because phishing is so common.  I go directly to the website.  Hope you have your CR's frozen with a fraud alert since you already had an issue last summer. 

I would contact Walmart and get a new card issued because  something is going on with your account. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.