Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart vs NFCU TU score

tag
Prettybg
Contributor

Walmart vs NFCU TU score

Hello,

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from NFCU stating my TU score which was dated for 1/23/14 and had my score at 644 but on 1/13/2014 my Walmart TU score had me at 682. I didn't have any activity with my credit that should make it drop to 644 on 1/23/14 (which was the date that I applied for their credit card). Checked my Walmart TU score this month which is 690. I'm just confused as to why my scores are soooo different if they both are my TU scores?? Any thoughts?

Trumark signature visa 20K, Nfcu signature visa 15K, Lowes 10K, Care Credit 9K, Old Navy Visa 5K, Walmart 4K, Lord and Taylor 4K, Amex Everyday 2K, Capitol One QS 1,800, Capitol One QS 1K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Walmart vs NFCU TU score

@Prettybg wrote:

Hello,

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from NFCU stating my TU score which was dated for 1/23/14 and had my score at 644 but on 1/13/2014 my Walmart TU score had me at 682. I didn't have any activity with my credit that should make it drop to 644 on 1/23/14 (which was the date that I applied for their credit card). Checked my Walmart TU score this month which is 690. I'm just confused as to why my scores are soooo different if they both are my TU scores?? Any thoughts?

My TU score here always matched what NFCU sent me. I also know that the TU score here is a different model than what Barclays and Walmart use. Just a different model for scoring. Hope that helps a bit.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 4
Prettybg
Contributor

@Scupra wrote:

@Prettybg wrote:

Hello,

My TU score here always matched what NFCU sent me. I also know that the TU score here is a different model than what Barclays and Walmart use. Just a different model for scoring. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks for the info!

Trumark signature visa 20K, Nfcu signature visa 15K, Lowes 10K, Care Credit 9K, Old Navy Visa 5K, Walmart 4K, Lord and Taylor 4K, Amex Everyday 2K, Capitol One QS 1,800, Capitol One QS 1K
Message 3 of 4
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

when you apped for their card they could have used a different scoring model like a credit enchanced version.   i think the walmart score is TU 08  but the one myfico sells is much older and is TU 98. and i believe they weigh things differently so the scores will vary.  its irks me there are so many different versions out there and they dont tell you what they use and for the most part the consumer can't access all the various scores that are ava to lenders.
@Prettybg wrote:

Hello,

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.