Regular Contributor
indyhotmama

Wamu recon

I applied for a Wamu cc in July.  I was denied due to high utilization.  I sent a recon letter and received a call from them today.  They said that I could submit a current CR from EX and they would review for recon.  I have paid down my balances from 75-80% to about 40-50%.  I am waiting for a few more payments to post.  Here is my dilemma:  I had a cc with Providian (now Wamu) several years ago and it was included in my BK in 2004.  However it is only showing on my EQ report and it is listed as derog.  I have disputed this with EQ and I am waiting on the dispute results.  Do you think that if I send them the CR and they know I had an old account that they would try to report it?  Should I send it and just hope for the best?  I am kinda nervous about it.  Please help.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Wamu recon

indyhotmama wrote:
I applied for a Wamu cc in July. I was denied due to high utilization. I sent a recon letter and received a call from them today. They said that I could submit a current CR from EX and they would review for recon. I have paid down my balances from 75-80% to about 40-50%. I am waiting for a few more payments to post. Here is my dilemma: I had a cc with Providian (now Wamu) several years ago and it was included in my BK in 2004. However it is only showing on my EQ report and it is listed as derog. I have disputed this with EQ and I am waiting on the dispute results. Do you think that if I send them the CR and they know I had an old account that they would try to report it? Should I send it and just hope for the best? I am kinda nervous about it. Please help.

I wish you luck on your re-con.
I think WAMU is pretty consistent with black listing previous CO and BK accounts.
Contributor
meg

Re: Wamu recon

[ Edited ]
If they are asking for EX and you say it is only on your EQ you don't have to worry about that part.

Message Edited by meg on 08-21-2007 10:56 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}