Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to close a credit card

tag
kabhold

Want to close a credit card

Hello,

I have two credit cards.  One from BOA  and one from Orchard bank .  I was just approved for a citi bank card that has a better interest than the orchard bank ( by 14% points...) and double the credit limit. I have no balance on the Orchard bank card but it does have an annual fee of 50 or so which my new citibank card does not.  My BOA card is 3 years old and my orchard bank is 1.5 years old.  So would closing my Orchard bank card affect my FICO score?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kabhold

Re: Want to close a credit card

Nevermind.   I just found http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true .  Sorry for wasting the 15 seconds of time it took for everyone to read my post.  My bad.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Want to close a credit card

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

Congrats on the approval of a Citi Bank CCSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.