Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to apply Personal Loan (SOFI/Lending Club) ... Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanting to apply Personal Loan (SOFI/Lending Club) ... Advice

Definitely go with SOFI. I also refinanced my student loans with them and has had a great experience.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Definitely go with SOFI. I also refinanced my student loans with them and has had a great experience.

Thank you Smiley Happy .. I got already approved but the terms and amount changed Smiley Sad. Here's my post on the other thread:

Update!!!

Got approved and ready for funding after underwriting review within 24 hrs  Smiley Happy ... but the loan terms and amount changed Smiley Sad. I am approved now for $37,855.47 for 7 year fixed term at 11.740% and a monthly payment of $663 Smiley Sad. There were a few changes on my Experian report since I got preapproved about a month ago and I think that's why my terms and amount changed. I wonder why its not even $37,000 or $38,000 instead of $37,855.47 Smiley Sad. I thought I would get the full $50K with less than 10% APR for 7 year variable Smiley Sad. I gues they counter offered my request. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and take it since I already got a hard inquiry also from them on my Experian credit report? Do you think there are other lenders with better offer? Thank you.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another UPDATE!!!!

Hi Guys,

Just want to update you All Smiley Happy:

I got approved for SOFI personal loan 7 year fixed 11.740% for $37,855.47... (not my original request for $50K) ...  but before I signed the document I called to reconsider my loan request for the full $50K. SOFI asked me for my 2015 year end paystub, and within 24 hrs ... APPROVED for $50K with a lower rate of 10.375% 7 year fixed. Better than the original approval. I am pleased of how easy was the process with SOFI and just within 24 hrs you'll get a response and also they have a great customer service

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Again Another Update!!!

I called again today to request for a change to A Variable Rate instead of the Fixed Rate .... APPROVED!!! 7 YEAR VARIABLE/ 8.780% APR (with auto pay)/ $50K!!!

Great experience ... No hassle ... within 24 hrs approval !!! Smiley Happy Thank you SOFI!!!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Thanks for the updates. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for the updates. 

You're welcome Smiley Happy ... I'm glad I could share my experience Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.