Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to join NFCU. Eligibility

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Wanting to join NFCU. Eligibility

My deceased grandfather was in the Navy in the 50's and early 60's. He unfortunately passed in August of 2013. 

Based on his Navy stint, would I be eligible for membership? From what I can see, I need an access number of a member, but he never had a NFCU account. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wanting to join NFCU. Eligibility

Unlikely. You may get approval if you call, but without him ever being a member and not being an immediate relative, it would be tough.
Just join the military and join after basic training!
Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Wanting to join NFCU. Eligibility

@DeeBee78 wrote:

From what I can see, I need an access number of a member, but he never had a NFCU account. 

The NFCU site details eligibility requirements and you pretty much answer your own question above.  See also https://www.navyfederal.org/how-to-become-a-member/how-to-become-a-member.php that page has a quick questionnaire that can help you to determine your eligibility.

If you want to verify you should call in and confirm versus relying on responses here.  NFCU can be sticklers and audit one's eligibility -- freezing accounts in the process -- even after joining if you look at prior threads.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.