Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wash Mtl.

tag
duckman
Established Member

Re: Wash Mtl.

I was sued by attorney for LVNV after I disputed within the SOL (my dumb mistake) and was FORCED to pay.  I waited for 6 months and disputed the account and not mine and they were more than happy to delete it - after I had paid them of course.   
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

what law firm sued you?  I'm real sick of never getting a response from LVNV directly - I've disputed with them a few times, requested validation a year ago as soon as the new one surfaced and got no response for 6 fricking months...they seem to send me some form of crap every 6 months or so...now I had received the "Informational STatement" to which I did not respond because I believed according to the law that they had missed their opportunity because they didn't validate.

I am based on a recommendation from someone here going to send another request for Validation, though I'm honestly not sure what that will gain me because the response will still be met with the same nothing...it appears I'm scheduled for a court appearance in December, right before SOL from OC is out.
Message 12 of 18
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

beach123, I'm going through the same thing with LVNV.  I sent them a DV, which they did not respond to.  I'm wondering how some of these people have managed to get them off of their reports.  I've also disputed several times-every time they validate.  Any luck yet?

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Don't know if beach is still on these forums. The most recent date I see for him/her is 8/23/07...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 18
honeybrook1
Regular Contributor

Oh...well, I'll leave it open to anyone who can give me an answer.  How do I deal with these creeps?!!

Starting Score: 718
Current Score: 718
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

I have this account on my report as transferred, but paid after chargeoff.  I have been trying to get this deleted forever.  I have sent a DV letter with no response.  I have called them and all they can give me is the name of the CA that the acct is now transferred to.

But guess what the new CA no longer has the acct either, and the CA they referred me to does not have it anymore either.

When I dispute this, it comes back as verified.  Not sure what to do.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay just becasuse one company removed it doesn't mean that the other will.  If WaMu is refusing, just wait it out for 2.5 more years.  Believe it or not as old as it is FICO considers it a minor delinquency even though it looks major to you.  By the time it falls off you probably won't even notice a score increase with the exception of 1 or two points..

If you've killed em with kindness, you've done all you can do except for the old 'rinse and repeat' that simply means keep asking.  More than likely you will jsut have to wait it out.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

on the WM thing.  I had some success with them in deleting from my file.  I called (after months of sending DV's) and asked to speak to the "manager of credit reporting".  I was/am not sure if this is a real title or not but I got to talk to a woman who actually listend to me explain the how's and whys I got behind for a couple of months and that now since my account was paid in full, could they chage or remove the "baddie" from my file.  She agreed that this was nothing to them and she would take care of it.  exactly 2 weeks later, got a letter from WM that it was done and ran my report and guess what?  It was.  Worth a try
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.