Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington Mutual and Alliance One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Washington Mutual and Alliance One

I just received something in the mail about an account like 5 years ago from washington mutual saying it has gone to collections (negative balance...never new about it). Never received in warning. Its giving me the option to pay 105.00$ by december 5th and i wont have to pay full? What are my options should I pay it? Should I send a letter and not pay it and hope they take it off? or?

Other issue is My parking tickets I have a butt load of parking tickets from the city of Portland. I lived downtown and they use to never send them to collections, well they finally did...my fault. Long story short I have started paying on it, and dont want them on my credit report. I still have a balance, I havent started to pay in 2 months after reading this site. Should I send them a letter saying I will pay off in full if its removed in full from credit report, and make sure its in writting? Or do I just pay it all in full and it drops from my credit report?

thanks for all the help

Message Edited by portlandbucfan on 11-10-2007 11:52 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Washington Mutual and Alliance One

Ok the parking ticket company is Alliance One, I called them and they said if I pay in full they would write paid in full on my account but wont disappear for 7 years. Should I write them a letter, and say i will pay in full if they close it on my account? I searched under alliance one havent heard much about them closing it from there account.

Any ideas what i should do on Washington Mutual to save alot I need to have payment by the 5th of December. I want to write a letter but dont want to pay in full either? does washington mutual usually take it off mycredit report if I write them a letter, and agree to pay them off?

thanks
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Washington Mutual and Alliance One

Do a search on this site for PFD (pay for delete.) There's a lot there, but it's important to know how it works. When you are ready to send a PFD letter, you might want to post it here first.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.