Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Account on CR

tag
tjkoko
New Visitor

Weird Account on CR

I am finalizing my first home loan and while going through paperwork, I saw an account on my report (or possibly my wife's) from "See Sch of Liabilities". It shows no account number or under what bureua it is reporting. I checked both of our credit reports on annualcreditreport.com and none of them show anything like that. It has no other information other than that name and the balance and monthly payment amount. Looking back through previous paperwork our lender provided earlier in the pre-approval process, it shows the same company/name of "See Sch of Liabilities" with a higher balance so it seems as if it is being paid on. Neither my wife or I have any clue what this is. The payment amount is not familiar either. Anyone have any suggestions? We have already emailed out lender for further help but haven't received a response yet. Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Weird Account on CR

I'd wait and see what your lender says. If it is showing on any of your 3 credit reports it would be clear as to who it could be with balance, acct info, payment history, and even contact info. Maybe these were totals of liabilities you listed on your personal financial statement?

Message 2 of 5
tjkoko
New Visitor

Thank you for the reply. I will wait until he is back in the office to get an answer. I was suprised that even a google search yielded no results. 

Message 3 of 5
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I'm going to take a guess that it means "Schedule of Liabilities" and is something that your lender is using for their own information. The decreasing balance could be your total overall debt going down (Which would be a good thing during a mortgage loan). I don't believe this is an individual account but rather your mortgage banks internal information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Samone
New Visitor

I noticed this on my CR as well. I too, am getting a home mortgage and saw this on my list of accounts i'm making payments monthly. Its not on my regular CR.  I just asked my loan officer to look into this for me.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.