Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Equifax letter.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Equifax letter.

Hey everyone, I put a security freeze on my Equifax credit file last year. But I got a letter today from the Equifax security freeze department, and it says that the address on my credit file has changed in the past 30 days. The letter lists a very old previous address (I moved from there years back, but my family still resides there) as being recently changed in the past 30 days. That is wrong, the old previous address they have in the letter I have not lived in for years so it could not have been recently changed. And the letter also states that my current address (the one I live in now and have been living at for 8 years) was recently posted on my credit file. That is not possible, I check my credit file often and my current address has been posted on my credit file for many years, so how can they think this address is "recent". Overall there has been no address change in the 30 past days on my Equifax credit file as I have lived at my current address for 8 years, so what their letter is saying is impossible. 

It might be worth noting that the address of where the letter came from is "Equifax Security Freeze, P.O. Box 105891, Atlanta, GA 30348". Maybe Equifax has different addresses because when I called in they said that the correct address for the Equfiax Security Freeze department was Equifax Security Freeze, P.O. Box 105788, Atlanta, GA 30348". Is the first address even valid?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Weird Equifax letter.

Not sure what the valid address is, but you should contact them about the descrepancies that appear in the letter.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.