Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Situation...should I dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Situation...should I dispute?

I have a credit card with a First Federal bank for several years.  First Federal Bank recently merged with South State bank.  My account with First Federal was set to autopay.  Although I knew the merger was taking place, I expected all of my information to transfer including my auto payments.  My autopayments did not transfer so I missed a November payment.   I've written a letter to the bank so hopefully that will help as calls to the company that manages their credit cards have not been productive.  They repeatedly directed me to call the credit bureaus.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird Situation...should I dispute?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a credit card with a First Federal bank for several years.  First Federal Bank recently merged with South State bank.  My account with First Federal was set to autopay.  Although I knew the merger was taking place, I expected all of my information to transfer including my auto payments.  My autopayments did not transfer so I missed a November payment.  Upon notification, I called in and submitted November and December payments via phone giving my personal bank routing number and acct number.  The representative never stated that the payment was not accepted.  In fact in my account it shows that the payment was made.  However, because the representative input my routing numbre incorrectly, the payment was later reversed.  I didnt receive notification of this until my January billing cycle.  I immediately paid the money.  After paying it, this month I found out that they had reported in January that I was 30 days late (due to the payment and subsequent reversal).  Should I dispute this?  Is it likely I would win the dispute?  I've written a letter to the bank so hopefully that will help as calls to the company that manages their credit cards have not been productive.  They repeatedly directed me to call the credit bureaus.   

Welcome to the forums.

Follow RobertEG's guidance below

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Weird Situation...should I dispute?

Yes, but dispute under the FCBA rather than the FCRA.

The FCBA process is more comprehensive, and includes all billing related matters on credit cards.

See the FTC web page for details.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.