cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird issue with my credit and need help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird issue with my credit and need help!

I have a very weird issue that I can't seem to fix. 2 years ago I tried a credit report company because a friend said it worked for him and I should try it. This involved sending out disputes and such.

Fast forward a few months and the company went belly up and I was left in the middle of the process. Not wanting to deal with it, I just ignored it. At the time there wasn't any damage to my credit or anything actually done.

Here is now the problem. I went to apply for a mortgage after re-doing a bunch of debt and clearing up my credit to a 670 score. Got approved for a VA loan, had all the paperwork lined up. That was until we hit a snag. Out of the blue the UW system keeps pulling a "Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in progress" on like 4 accounts. With that it kicks it out of UW and denies the loan. It is the only thing holding up the loan.

Get on the phone with TU/Equifax/XP and see what can be done. Well everyone of them tells me those comments don't actually exist. Ok... pull my reports myself again to check. Nope, no comments on there. Call the 4 companies it is listed under, nope we don't have any record of that.

And just to be sure I applied with 3 different mortgage companies and low behold they find these "comments" also. Oh and to add to insult some show it on 4, one has it on 3 and another 6.

With that all said, I am not sure what to do. These mortgage companies are pulling some weird report that doesn't seem to exist. The one bank I was hoping for said they could manually push it through but will need a letter from each company stating they've remove the comment. But after talking to them they can't provide it because they don't see the comment to begin with. I am sure this was from when I did the disputes. My latest effort has been to send out letters but it could be months before hearing back. And I sure it will be the same response.

How to I personally get one of these magical credit reports that is different that the one I pull personally? And what is a good way to get these comments removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Weird issue with my credit and need help!

Ask for a copy of the report that the UW software was looking at

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is an indication that the CRA has recieved a dispute, and has not yet concluded the dispute.

The first question is when was the supposed dispute filed with the CRA?

Did the credit repair organization ever provide you any records or notice of disputes filed on your behalf?

Is the CRA stating that there is no record of any dispute having been filed, or only that there is o longer a pending flag?

If filed more than 30-45 days ago, it should have passed its statutory, reqiuired dispute conclusion period.

Did you receive a Notice of Results of Reinvestigtion on any of the diputes, which is the formal termination of the dispute, and thus requires that the CRA have removed the pending status of their reinvestigation/dispute.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That brings an interesting point, I think I got some letter back. But that was way back in 2014. I talked to Experian and TU today. Explained to them what the mortgage compaines are seeing - "Consumer disputes, reinvestigation in progress". None of them said they can see that comment or remark. Both said all investigations have been cleared and none are pending. Only thing I can think of is somehow they are getting some weird history from 2014 and isn't current. 

Both XP and TU are sending current reports to all 3 banks I have applied for. This will show that the flag is gone (or at least I hope). 

On the other question, one bank did send me the report they got. It is a 3 report merge. And in big bold letters it says that comment. Problem is no one knows where it is comming from. 

Luckily though, the one back did offer to give me a Pre Approval pending just this issue. With that I did make an offer on a house tonight. But still need to figure it out. I send letters to all 3 CA asking to remove any dispute flags. 

Message 4 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Here is the only method that works for removing disputes. For mortgages, all the disputes have to be removed.  Look at this link by Shanethemortgageman, message 4 for details (this works only if you do it this way)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.