Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Financial? is this a CFL?

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo Financial? is this a CFL?

I needed to refurnish my house so I went over to a furniture store and well I was told about a promotions thru Wells Fargo Financial where I would get 25 months of no interest on my purchases. I applied and I got approved for $3,400 and the sales rep said I would also get a credit card along with the loan... my question is: Is this TL an actual credit card or is it a CFL? and how will it affect my credit?? 

Thanks!

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Financial? is this a CFL?

When you say you were approved for $3,400, do you mean they provided you that amount as a loan, or they gave you a revolving account with that as its credit limit?

Message 2 of 4
salek10
Regular Contributor

Well the sales rep made it sound like it was a revolving account.. in fact I only needed $2600 for my purchase but he said that I was approved for $3400... I really hope it is a revolving card

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It granted a pre-approved limit against which you have the discretion how much to use, as opposed to providing you a specific chunk of change with set terms for its repayment.  It is a conventional revolving line of credit.

It is thus not a loan, period.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.