Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Permissable Purpose Hard Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Permissable Purpose Hard Pull

Ok, So I walked into Wells Fargo and asked about why I wasn't getting the free bill pay i was told about and they advised me that they just had to change the "type" of checing account to a "Complete Advantage" checking account and not only will I get the free bill pay they credited the two months I was charged....and I get free checks too....

Low and behold, keeping the same checking account number but changing the "type" causes Wells to pull my credit.  I inquired with them and they insisted that it was just a soft pull.  Soft pull my butt, and I can't dispute as it is a company I bank with and a "permissable purpose."

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo Permissable Purpose Hard Pull

MinnesotaJ wrote:
Ok, So I walked into Wells Fargo and asked about why I wasn't getting the free bill pay i was told about and they advised me that they just had to change the "type" of checing account to a "Complete Advantage" checking account and not only will I get the free bill pay they credited the two months I was charged....and I get free checks too....

Low and behold, keeping the same checking account number but changing the "type" causes Wells to pull my credit.  I inquired with them and they insisted that it was just a soft pull.  Soft pull my butt, and I can't dispute as it is a company I bank with and a "permissable purpose."

Maybe you can print off your CR, and walk back into Wells Fargo and say, you may have meant for it to be a soft pull, but it was coded as a hard pull........here is the proof. Would you please recode as a soft pull?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They insist they never pulled it...even with the proof, they told me i was looking at a soft pull.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MinnesotaJ wrote:
They insist they never pulled it...even with the proof, they told me i was looking at a soft pull.

Did you actually show them the report or just tell them you had proof?

Don't know if it will work but you could ask them to mail you a letter stating it was a soft pull and not a hard pull and then fax it to the CRA.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.