cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Personal Loan Application Question - Please let me know what you think

tag
creditmorgan
New Visitor

Wells Fargo Personal Loan Application Question - Please let me know what you think

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here. I am a long time reader though. I know there are a lot of experienced folks on here so I have come today with a question of my own. 

I had an issue with my health insurance (preexisiting condition) and now they don't want to cover my back surgery. Its a lumbar fusion and you won't believe how much it cost-

Its costing $170,000 approximately. Smiley FrustratedI have tried to just live with the pain but I'm on serious pain meds and its been difficult on my body. I don't want to be on this forever either. 

I am able to pay $70,000 without tying up too much cash, but the rest I must find financing. 

Here are my stats:

Student loan: $30,000 (two separate ones for 10,040 and 19439)

Credit cards: CL/Current balance

Chase sapphire: $50000 cl / 6000 balance 

Fidelity: $50,000 CL/ using 7000

BOA: $20000 CL/ 4000 in use

Chase: $3300 CL / $0

Discover: $7500/ $500

Barclays: $7500/ $0

Amex Costco $1100/ $0

Citi AA $32,000/ $1000

Citi Divi $5000/ $0

Space coast credit union - $15000 loan (but paid that in full so it should update on credit soon).

I pay my cards in full each month for each card and I notice that the balance is reported with whatever the statement closes with. My income is $345000/yr and I do not have any mortgage. I want to apply for $100000 from wells fargo but I have quite a few inquiries on my credit from this past year with CL increases. 

Also, I read somewhere that people get denied because of low credit balances, so I was wondering if I should not pay in full for when I go to apply? I have had balances as high as $120,000 on a my sapphire above the limit and I paid it in full before the statement closed so it wasn't reported as over the CL. I have seen my report where it says high balance of $81,000 before. 

I really would like to hear what you all think. 

Thank you in advance- 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hacsx2
New Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Personal Loan Application Question - Please let me know what you think

Hi,

Don't quote me on this but doesn't pre existing condition problem suppose to be handle in obama care starting 2014.  From what I heard and googled, It seem that health insurance are suppose to cover pre existing condition regardless of if they denied it before.

You might want to check on this.  If this is true it might save you a lot of money by having the insruance pays for it.  Research it abit.  from what i understand come 2014 pre existing condition should be cover immediatly( according to some website).  Might be worth the wait for 30 days.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 2 of 9
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Personal Loan Application Question - Please let me know what you think

I agree with the other poster. As much as I hate Obamacare, it will really help you out man. You will have a super high premium but you will pay alot less than that loan.

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 3 of 9
DomoNomo
Contributor

I have two personal loans, a mortgage and a credit card through wells fargo.  They pulled Experian for all of them and I have over 10 inqueries.  I didn't have any balance on my credit cards when I applied and was approved for the two personal loans.

My two personal loans were rather small compare to what you're requesting.

Message 4 of 9
creditmorgan
New Visitor

Thank you both for the insight. I'd look into it. 

I'd still like to know opinion on projections regarding my application, if I did need to do it.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
creditmorgan
New Visitor

May I ask what you were approved for in terms of loan amount? Also, I should mention I am in Florida, so not sure how that works with agency they choose to pull from. 

All my scores are around 720. It took a little fall because I had recently allowed a statement to close with the card nearly maxed. Meaning $42000 balance on a $50000 CL.

Message 6 of 9
DomoNomo
Contributor

When I applied for the two loans 6 months apart, they were $6000 and my EX score was 698 at the time and $8000 EX score 710.  I don't know what they'll pull in FL, but here in CA it was Experian.  Hope that helps.

*I should note that I only had two credit cards and was denied Amex and Chase at the time of the first loan.  I had over 5 new credits between the first loan and the second loan.

Message 7 of 9
Involver
Valued Contributor

With your income, DTI ratio, and 10.5% utilization across over $176k in available revolving credit lines you may qualify for a loan of that magnitude with a clean history.

Also I would like to second what others have said about waiting until 2014 to consider purchasing different insurance that will cover the outrageous cost of your procedure for a fraction of the $100k you are looking to take out.

Message 8 of 9
hacsx2
New Contributor

You got to enroll by Dec 23 to be covered for Jan 1 according to the website.

EX: 747 (12/27) EQ:716 (11/6) TU: 703 (11/6) CK: 735
CC:
CSP $5000; BOA Rewards: $5000; Citi Platinum: $2600; UNFCU $500; BCP $6000; Wells Fargo reward $10k; Line of credit $10k ; Discover IT $7500; BML$1000; Citi TYP $5000; Chase Freedom $4000
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.