Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Personal Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Personal Loan

How difficult is it to obtain a Wells Fargo Unsecured Personal Loan? Looking to get a 5,000 loan for 36 or 48 month term. Scores in the 640 range. $80k salary. Have a 10+ year banking history with them. Opened new credit account with them in July and was granted a $4k limit. Now looking to make a large purchase, and expand my credit types, and wondering if its even worth apping? Any suggestions or thoughts appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Personal Loan

My only experience with Wells was an agonizing four month HELOC loan in 2008.  It got approved but barely.

Honestly, for a personal loan for a real person with a typical income (like you) I would go to a credit union -- always.   You can join DCU, State Dept. Alliant.  If you qualify, Navy FCU

Seriously, skip the big box banks!

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Personal Loan

@Anonymous wrote:

How difficult is it to obtain a Wells Fargo Unsecured Personal Loan? Looking to get a 5,000 loan for 36 or 48 month term. Scores in the 640 range. $80k salary. Have a 10+ year banking history with them. Opened new credit account with them in July and was granted a $4k limit. Now looking to make a large purchase, and expand my credit types, and wondering if its even worth apping? Any suggestions or thoughts appreciated!

Go elsewhere, almost assuredly need to be gold plated with everything I've heard on WF personal lending.  Might've changed with the rise of P2P but I doubt it, seriously... unsecured personal loans are the riskiest loans of anything in lenders' portfolios and many lenders flat out refuse to do them or otherwise charge rather sizable interest rates.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.