cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo (WFDS) report off-cycle upon request?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo (WFDS) report off-cycle upon request?

Anyone know?  I paid off a car loan literally the day that it reported [a balance], so I'd have to wait an entire month to see the loan report as paid off/closed.  I've also noticed that this loan sometimes doesn't report every single month, so it could take 2 months for me to see the change.    I'd like to see it updated right away if possible.  Has anyone requested off-cycle reporting with WF (specifically Dealer Services) and were they willing to do it?  I plan on calling them tomorrow, as it can't hurt to ask, but I'd like to hear from you guys first before making the call so I know what to expect.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo (WFDS) report off-cycle upon request?

These guys gave me my first auto loan when I was in the 540's, only one out of over a dozen. Yet they still won't touch me with any other form of credit, never late with them.

When NFCU bought out my loan from them, they reported the account as closed and paid in full plus gave me a refund the same day they received the final payment and they closed out the loan. They reported 13 days before statement date.

I was also calling them everyday to work out everything too though. So hopefully they do the same for you.

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No dice on getting them to report the loan closed early.  They said they report my account on the 4th of every month, so I'll have to wait until the 4th.  This is BS though, as the account always reports/updates around the 27th or 28th; I think the latest it ever reported was the 1st.  Not sure where the CSR got the 4th from?  She said she'd send me a letter that it's close/PIF, not that it does anything for me.  I think I'll send a snail mail letter today with the same request and hopefully the person that opens it will have a different opinion on the subject and help me out.

Message 3 of 5
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Thats weird, I don't get what the big deal is with some of these banks. I remember I called to confirm they received payment in full and closed out the account and they double checked with it updating on my credit reports a week or so later. 

Sorry they're being stubborn, maybe it will update anyway when they close it out in their system. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent an email to the CEO today and also sent out 5 snail mail letters using the same Saturation Technique I used to remove late payments from a different WF account.  I found 3 different mailing addresses for WFDS and also sent 2 to different Corporate addresses to piggy-back on the email I sent today.  Hopefully one of the 6 individuals that receives these pieces of communication goes ahead and does an updated reporting for me. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.