cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Asset Management - What do you know?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

West Asset Management - What do you know?

Does anyone have information about this CA?  They recently placed a collection on my Equifax (and probably the others as well) report for $226.  I have submitted a PFD request to them as well offering to pay a portion of the amount claiming owed.  Anything provided would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: West Asset Management - What do you know?

I know they call my mother's house 3x a day and they never answer.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A DV should always be sent before anything else....how do you know that they have a right to collect?

Send a DV   CMRRR   do not sign it just type your name!
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I had them on my report for a cell bill I did owe, except that the balance listed did not jive with what I had (off by $100 or so). I disputed via 2 of the 3 CRAs and they deleted. They then resold that amount to a second CA. That CA sent me a dunning letter and I responded with a DV. They replied back saying they couldn't verify and they would delete from their records too.

And to clarify, I'm not advocating what I did. I did this before I knew about a DV.

Message Edited by llecs on 03-12-2008 04:02 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.