Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Asset Managment??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

West Asset Managment??

Would anybody happen to know who West Asset Managment Is? I recieved a letter from them today saying i owe 1,867.60. Says my Tenet Healthcare account Is owned by West Healthcare Receivable Management LLC. The strange thing is I have had Health insurance for at least 15yrs maybe longer.

ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: West Asset Managment??

rustyfan67 wrote:
Would anybody happen to know who West Asset Managment Is? I recieved a letter from them today saying i owe 1,867.60. Says my Tenet Healthcare account Is owned by West Healthcare Receivable Management LLC. The strange thing is I have had Health insurance for at least 15yrs maybe longer.

ThanksSmiley Happy

west Asset management is a collection agency.  Have them verify the debt to see who the original holder was and when the debt was incurred.  Could be that your insurance didn't pay something as Tenant is a hospital group.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tenet is what the old name of our hospital was before it changed hands. I have already wrote a letter asking the name and date of original creditor, will send off tomorrow. Whats puzzling to me is my insurance has a rollover account, which still has over 3000, that would be applied to some procedure that was not covered. And unless one of us are admitted to the hospital, we have no co-pay, except our medication.  Will keep you posted.Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to specifically ask for them to verify the debt. Don't volunteer any additional information. Include a photocopy of the letter you received, keep the original. Send your letter CMRRR (certified mail returned receipt requested). Save your CM receipt, RRR green card when it comes back, and the USPS payment receipt which also has the CM number on it. Make a photocopy of your letter after you sign it. Keep that photocopy. I also put a reference line at the top of all my letters:

USPS CERTIFIED MAIL xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

In the letter you received, it should contain these things. [This is directly from FDCPA.]

(1) the amount of the debt;
(2) the name of the creditor to whom the debt is owed;
(3) a statement that unless the consumer, within thirty days after receipt of the notice, disputes the validity of the debt, or any portion thereof, the debt will be assumed to be valid by the debt collector;
(4) a statement that if the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, the debt collector will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of a judgment against the consumer and a copy of such verification or judgment will be mailed to the consumer by the debt collector; and
(5) a statement that, upon the consumer's written request within the thirty-day period, the debt collector will provide the consumer with the name and address of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.

If all five aren't there, then the collection agency is in violation of the law.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me give you some background on West.  This is a multimillion dollar company where the Asset management portion is just a small company.  That being said, make sure your ducks are in a row when dealing with them, they are not too likely to back down on the collection unless you can bring backup to the table.

One you get your verification letter.  If you let them know you had insurance at the time, they should be able to tell you whom they attempted to collect from.  Check with your insurance company and request a duplicate EOB.  Usually when an insurance company doesn't pay, its due to some mistake the hospital made in billing.  If the nsurance insurance refuse to pay based on a mistake by Tenant, YOU ARE NOT LIABLE.  If they have your insurance info on file and just failed to file YOU ARE NOT LIABLE.

There is the possibility thay this was a copay or deductible on some servie or not covered.  I don't know how your cash plan works but with minew they actuall issue a MAstercard debit to be used against my flexcare balance.

First of all make sure you dispute the amount owed in all correspondance, as long as you do so and have that CMRR before the date indicated on the letter it shuold prevent them from adding it to your credit file until it is resolved.  What most likely happened is that your insurance payment or their claim may have gotten lost in the shuffle of the turnover. 

Same thing happened with ATT wireless when thousands of people wound up with ding on the credit bureaus after the Bell South takeover  for accounts they never had.  ME included.

Message Edited by Brammy on 04-12-2007 08:06 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.