cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC companies pull Experian only?

tag
WilliamBruce

What CC companies pull Experian only?

My Experian score is significantly higher.  Does anyone know which credit card issuers pull their report from Experian only?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What CC companies pull Experian only?

Look through the credit pulls database (Google it, first link), as it's highly dependent on where you live.  If you're on the west coast, you have a much higher chance of virtually any national lender pulling EX than you do if you live east.  There are some "national" CU's (open to anyone with a $20ish donation to some random organization) which pull EX exclusively as well.

        
Message 2 of 6
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Another method would be to put security freezes on TU and Equifax.  If someone tries to pull them, they need your permission.  You can refuse and ask them to pull something else and hopefully Experian comes up.  If they refuse, then cancel the credit request or say you will call them back after you take off the security freeze.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 6
WilliamBruce

Thanks guys.  Both suggestions are very helpful.  FYI, I just applied to Citi, they pulled EX and immediately approved $3K line with score of 705.  I live in Alabama.

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

Another method would be to put security freezes on TU and Equifax.  If someone tries to pull them, they need your permission.  You can refuse and ask them to pull something else and hopefully Experian comes up.  If they refuse, then cancel the credit request or say you will call them back after you take off the security freeze.

This suggestion comes up from time to time and I will say once again that freezing certain CRA's in order to manipulate which CRA is actually pulled because it might be a better score is considered by myFICO to be unethical and not allowed to be discussed or advocated. By using this tactic you are not applying the option of a credit freeze as it was originally intended. The same thing would apply to freezing a report because you want to avoid a legitimate inquiry.

Message 5 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@WilliamBruce wrote:

My Experian score is significantly higher.  Does anyone know which credit card issuers pull their report from Experian only?

AMEX almost always pulls EX only.   Rarely, they'll pull all three CRAs for Credit Cards ~ not charge cards though...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.