cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC do i qualify for at this stage???.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CC do i qualify for at this stage???.....

What fused111 said.

I recommend you go into the bank, and talk to a CSR. Tell 'em, in your words:

"Hi, I'm looking to improve my credit, and I'm hoping you can help me. I didn't want to apply for a credit card because I don't think I will be approved. My FICO scores are TU 578, EX 573 and EQ 601. I know I probably don't qualify for a card with the bank, but I'm hoping that my good history might help me get issued a card. If not, then could the bank issue me a card secured by money in a savings account. I'm looking down the road a few years when I want to buy a home. I'm hoping you can help me get started."

Message 11 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

What fused111 said.

"Hi, I'm looking to improve my credit, and I'm hoping you can help me. I didn't want to apply for a credit card because I don't think I will be approved. My FICO scores are TU 578, EX 573 and EQ 601. I know I probably don't qualify for a card with the bank, but I'm hoping that my good history might help me get issued a card. If not, then could the bank issue me a card secured by money in a savings account. I'm looking down the road a few years when I want to buy a home. I'm hoping you can help me get started."

Hey DUDE, it worked for me and others.  He has nothing to lose!  Some banks are willing to issue an unsecured card with a small CL with their better accountholders.  It sure beats an ultra subprime card with crazy fees and APR.Smiley Surprised
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a cap one with a 584 3 months ago.. 19.00 annual fee, 0% intrest  and 500cl.. Keep the balance low and pay on time every time and your score will rise..

My scores have gone up , on has even gone up 50 points.. In 3 months..  also get those baddies off.. I have one of my 2 collections removed and I have sent a dispute to the other CA... 

I think cap one will be a best bet..

Hey I didnt think I could get one but I did.. It liked to freaked me out.. 
I hope my Lowes comes thru I got the 24/48 message yesterday..

Message 13 of 16
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Credit Unions are good.  My DH had a BK before we got married. I had a good solid relationship with the Credit Union and had cards with them.  I made him an AU on the credit card and after a while I switched him to Joint with a Credit Pull. After that he got one on his own....
05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 14 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, we are digging in the crates (archives)! LOL!Smiley Very Happy My post is nearly a year old and my mind has not changed one bit. 
Message 15 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:

What fused111 said.

You WA! LOL!Smiley Very Happy
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.