cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What CC do i qualify for at this stage???.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What CC do i qualify for at this stage???.....

Scores are below...
TU 578
EX 573
EQ 601

Need to apply for a credit card or two to start rebuilding my credit...what cards/companies are good for this range of scores?? Please tell me something other CapOne. (I know all the bad things credit has done to me..I been through and now know that i will never default any cc...But i need to rebuild)

I am also not ready for a secured card until end of this year...Ive looked into that but not just yet because I have couple of personal loans to pay off and they will be done by November.

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What CC do i qualify for at this stage???.....

You could try orchard bank (hsbc), first premier is another.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO TO OCHARD BANK

Read my thread in main room. 
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO TO OCHARD BANK

there is also merrick bank, creditone bank.

Message 4 of 16
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Irvin wrote:
Scores are below...
TU 578
EX 573
EQ 601

Need to apply for a credit card or two to start rebuilding my credit...what cards/companies are good for this range of scores?? Please tell me something other CapOne. (I know all the bad things credit has done to me..I been through and now know that i will never default any cc...But i need to rebuild)

I am also not ready for a secured card until end of this year...Ive looked into that but not just yet because I have couple of personal loans to pay off and they will be done by November.

Thanks

Irvin:

A lot of people recommend some sort of a secured card which invariably has a high annual fee and a crazy APR.  If you have a savings and/or checking account and a good relationship with your bank try a talk with them before applying for a secured card.  I had virtually no credit which is actually worse than bad credit, and I was able to get an unsecured Visa with my bank and a 2k cl because I had ample funds in my accounts with them, never bounced a check and have an excellent relationship with them.  If your situation and relationship with your bank is similar give it a try.  Pull all three of your reports and talk face to face with them at your bank.  That way you know where you stand and do not end up with an inquiry and a denial.  The worse they can say is no!
Message 5 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

IMO, the top two are Orchard and BofA 99/500.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is BofA 99/500?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the BofA is you pay $99 secured and you get a $500 limit.  Personally, I think Orchard is ok, too.  However, with your scores, I think you would probably get the Hooters MC [Merrick Bank].  Depending on what is in your report, you may get an ann fee of $79 or $39.  Limits are higher than Orchard...Might as well try it.  You'll know immediately if you go to their website and apply online.  They pulled TU on me and that's my lowest score.  Got immediate approval.  Good luck.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the BofA 99/500 offer is one that you have to be invited to apply for by BofA. 
Message 9 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Correct... you have to apply and be denied for one of BofA's regular cards.. .and even then they may or may not offer the 99/500. IMO, the card is worth trying for. Especially if you bank with BofA.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.