Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Factors May Prompt a Re-Bucket?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Factors May Prompt a Re-Bucket?

Hello, Everyone!

I know what re-bucketing is, but I would like to understand what factors prompt it.

Though it is proprietary information, perhaps some of the more experienced members of these forums have some insight to offer?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Factors May Prompt a Re-Bucket?

Hi Chasing!

While you're waiting for a response to your rebucketing question, I'll add a little more intrigue.  Some experts claim that you can see an even larger FICO score change when you jump from one bin to another within the same bucket. 

Rebucketing is responsible for some score changes, but "rebinning" within buckets may be even more common and have a greater impact on your score.

While the bucketing and binning discussions continue, the good news is FICO shares consistently helpful tips on how to improve your FICO score.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What Factors May Prompt a Re-Bucket?

Credit category bracket, or "bucket," is really a pidgeon-hole which deternines which of the dozen or so algorithitms you will be scored under.

Before FICO does any scoring, they must determine which comparative  algorithm to use.

That is ALL we definatateley know about FICO categorization, or bracketing, or "bucketing."

So I will only offer my suppostions, from hereon.

The most significant factor under basic FICO scoring is payment history.  It is an adv ertised impact of 35% of credit score.

So I would, by inference, place this as the primary "bucket" categorization of your placement. Accounts with major derogs or multiple derogs are usually categorized as "dirty" accounts, So I view that as the most signigicant scoring bracket to break out from.

Then, % util of existing credxit.   30% of the importance scale on overall scoring, so just my assumptiln that this is the next lower bucket.

Then the more minor categories of age of accounts, credit mix, and new credit.

I wont pretend to tell you your bracketing, but can interjecxt that I belive negs in the higher bracket categories of consideration are the primary concerns.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.