Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What I did today (really detailed)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I did today (really detailed)

Today I took a huge chunk of out my personal debt.

I paid off $2,200 worth of my credit card bills, including paying off the complete balance on three of my credit cards.  I now have four cards that have zero balance.

Before today I had $11,600 worth of credit on 13 cards, with a total balance of $5,500, which was 47% balance on my cards.

Today, after making the payments, I have $3,300 of total balance, which is 28% on all the cards.

A card-by-card breakdown of the balance % that I owe is as follows:

1.    0%
2.    0%
3.    0%
4.    0%
5.  10%
6.  20%
7.  25%
8.  26%
9.  30%
10. 33%
11. 41%
12. 46%
13. 61%

In two weeks I expect to completely pay off the balance of numbers 11 and 13, as well as number 5  and 6.

So that will give me eight cards with 0% balance, and an overall balance percentage of 17%.

Then by October 21st I should pay off the remaining balance on all the cards and have 0% overall balance.

By that time, how much should my score jump?

I'm also expecting a judgement filed in October of '01 to finally come off my record too.  So how much of a jump should I expect?

Thanks for listening.   Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: What I did today (really detailed)

Ok, that is great - well done, and should give you a nice jump when they all report.  How much depends on where you were, and other baddies.  It is guesswork.

But I have a question:

typist wrote:

I'm also expecting a judgement filed in October of '01 to finally come off my record too. 

Why do you expect it to go away?  Don't judgements stick around for 10 years
?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's 7 years.

That reminds me....

Shoot.  I thought it was 2008 already.  Darn.

i guess I'll have to wait anyother year for that stupid thing to be removed - if it's 7 years.  Which I hope it is, at least that's what it says on the score page, that judgements can be on your record for UP TO 7 years.
Message 3 of 9
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Did you get your Judgment vacated? Did you ask the OC to dismiss the lawsuit? I heard that's how you can get the judgment removed from the CR, but I could be wrong.
Message 4 of 9
2anewu
Regular Contributor

Great job!  I am working on paying down my balances as well. Congrats.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!! I hope to be able to do the same here soon! Good for you!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know how to do that.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Typist,

I had a judgement against me from 2001 and I sent a goodwill letter to each of the three bureaus asking them to delete it, and guess what, they did.  I told them that I was trying to rebuild my credit and become a good steward over credit and the opportunity that it afforded me and that I had learned my lesson and felt that after so many years, I had been penalized in abundance and that I just wanted the opportunity to start fresh.  It worked for me and some others on this board.  Also put in about how you have suffered because of the judgment and maybe they will delete it.

Eve
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Typist,
I had a judgement against me from 2001 and I sent a goodwill letter to each of the three bureaus asking them to delete it, and guess what, they did.  I told them that I was trying to rebuild my credit and become a good steward over credit and the opportunity that it afforded me and that I had learned my lesson and felt that after so many years, I had been penalized in abundance and that I just wanted the opportunity to start fresh.  It worked for me and some others on this board.  Also put in about how you have suffered because of the judgment and maybe they will delete it.

Eve
myhearts,

Will you post your letter?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.