Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Kind of Credit Card...

tag
Starbuckpga
Established Member

What Kind of Credit Card...

Do you guys think I would be able to get with Experian and Equifax scoring in the 650's and my Transunion showing 698? My score has been going up as I haven't had one late payment for over four years. Had a few problems when I was younger. Most have fallen off my reports, but by April of next year nothing bad will be showing on my reports. I have one Chase card for 200 limit, that was opened July of 2006. A Capital One card for 500 that is almost three years old. And an Orchard Bank that is secured with a 200 deposit with a 200 credit limit that is about two years old. So with that should I call on my cards up above and see about a credit limit increase? Or should I go with another card and see if I can get a higher limit. I would like to have something around the 1500-2000 range. Payoff the small balance of 125 on my Orchard Card so I can close it because of the annual fee and I would also get my 200 deposit back. Any suggestions from the experts? Thanks guys!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Kind of Credit Card...

If you dont have a BK, you should easily get a Gold AMEX Delta skymiles card.
Message 2 of 6
Starbuckpga
Established Member

@chartley3 wrote:
If you dont have a BK, you should easily get a Gold AMEX Delta skymiles card.

What do you mean by BK? If it's bankruptcy then no I do not have one at all.
Message 3 of 6
Starbuckpga
Established Member

Also keep in my mind I have two negative accounts that will fall off around November and December of this year...not sure how much this will hurt me. They are paid in full, but show as a negative account on my report. I can't wait till they go bye bye.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

With those scores, you'll surely be approved by AMEX Delta Skymiles. Orchard $200 secured???? They should be showing you a lot more love than that!!! I'd be on the phone to them ASAP
Message 5 of 6
Starbuckpga
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
With those scores, you'll surely be approved by AMEX Delta Skymiles. Orchard $200 secured???? They should be showing you a lot more love than that!!! I'd be on the phone to them ASAP

Haha yeah I was thinking that the other night when looking over my scores. I was like wait I pay 39 bucks a year for this plus they have my 200 dollar deposit!! Errr yeah ok whatever...I may call them tell them to move me to an unsecured card and to apply my deposit to the balance and increase my limit as well.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.