cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should I do to get Credit Card's Payment History fixed?

tag
wilson382
New Contributor

What Should I do to get Credit Card's Payment History fixed?

Hello Friends,

I have a problem which i'm not sure about the right aproach to get it fixed.

One day I reported my Credit card lost with Citibank to be exact we are talking about the famous Simplicity Credit card.

They sent me a new card with slightly different Card Number. After about 1 month, I see TransUnion has 2 Simplicity Trade line. Old account Number and new one.

InmediatelyI I noticed it, I dispouted TransUnion I told them they had the same account duplicated. only one account needed to be there.

I don't know How experian and Equifax got involved in the dispute but all 3 Bureau deleted the accounts from my report.

and they refused to add it back. I asked Citibank for help and they reported it the account to the bureau which is good with only one problem.

After all, Payments are missing from my Credit history on that account for my Experian and TransUnion Bureau. Equifax is good. My credit card was opened in Oct 22, 2012 and it was reporting 'okay' since nov 2012 up to now. 

Missing information is as follow;

Experian 8 missing Months
  1. November 2012
  2. December 2012
  3. January 2013
  4. February 2013
  5. March 2013
  6. April 2013
  7. May 2013
  8. June 2013
TransUnion 4 missing Months
  1. November 2012
  2. December 2012
  3. January 2013
  4. February 2013

So Experian start  from the month July 2013 and Transunion start from March 2013.

Is not many months but I dont want to give up those months. Citibank Know my Creditcard was opened earlier than that.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What Should I do to get Credit Card's Payment History fixed?

If I undertand the post, you have missing data for certain months, and you wish your report to show data for each month?

If so, furnishers are not required to report monthly, or show data for every  month.

The requirement is that what is reported cannot knowlingly be inaccurate.

The amount of each monthly payment is not a socring element, so I see no impact on scoring.

As a side note, when you file a dispute with one CRA and the furnisher determines that information must be corrected or deleted as a result of tht dispute, they are required to additionally report that correction or deletion to all other CRAs to which they have also reported the information.  It is thus not necessary for a consumer to disptue the same inaccuracy with all CRAs.  See FCRA 523(b)(1)(D).

Message 2 of 6
wilson382
New Contributor

we are not talking about furnishers, I'm talking about my credit card from Citibank.

I'm not worried about payment amount that was reported, but there are some months that do not contain any data at all.

And what bother me is that before the dispute those months were there.

Message 3 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Citibank is the furnisher in this context.

You really caused your own problem in this case.  When a card is replaced due to being lost a new number is issued and you will temporarly have two accounts reporting but the old one will disappear.  Next time do not dispute.

Message 4 of 6
wilson382
New Contributor

Yep, I caused my own problem due to my lack of knowledge.

Should I keep disputing these missing months data with the creditor?

Do those 8 missing months payment data have slightly impact on my score?

Message 5 of 6
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@wilson382 wrote:

Yep, I caused my own problem due to my lack of knowledge.

Should I keep disputing these missing months data with the creditor?

Do those 8 missing months payment data have slightly impact on my score?

There is no impact on score so even if you dispute you wont get anything out of it.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.