Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Would You Do, If Anything?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Would You Do, If Anything?

I sent this company and PFD letter and I originally disputed this account.  Well now I look at my EQ report and this is what they put on my file.  Look at the date opened and the last activity.  Can I do anything or should I just pay this and have it show as a paid collection?  They haven't responded to the pfd letter yet. ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM Company/Account Name: ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM  Company Address/Phone: 404 Brock Dr, PO Box 3097, Bloomington,  IL 617023097  Account Number: CINGULAR-201220XXXX  Date Opened: 01/01/06 Last Activity: 02/01/04 Type: Open Account  Rate/Status: Bad Debt; placed for collection; skip High Credit: N/A Terms: N/A Balance: $493 Past Due: $493 Most Recent Date Reported: 07/01/07 Comments on Account: Consumer disputes this account information , Collection account , Charge off account
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Would You Do, If Anything?

Watch Out--AFNI is sneaky.  They put me a new opened date on my file.   What they did was open a new account with the same information.  Then after I disputed the accounts they closed the older account.  Now I have an account that looks like it is new. 
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would guess that this was placed after you send the PFD. I would call it intimadation. The CA that Im dealing with did the same thing.I have 3 more weeks untill the CA must answer my DV.

If I were you,I would wait them out. If you do not pay they might be more willing to accept a PFD later on.

As long as the CRTP is past (state statue)  they can not sue you. Let is ride.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, I will see what they say.   Thanks, ya'll
Message 4 of 9
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I would not give them a dime.  Chances are if they won't respond to your PFD, they have no intention on reporting anything good for the credit bureau.  They don't care about you paying the account, so what does that tell you?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree don't pay a dime......PDF with them and dispute with CRA
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
I sent this company and PFD letter and I originally disputed this account.  Well now I look at my EQ report and this is what they put on my file.  Look at the date opened and the last activity.  Can I do anything or should I just pay this and have it show as a paid collection?  They haven't responded to the pfd letter yet. ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM Company/Account Name: ANDERSON FIN NETWORK/BLOOM  Company Address/Phone: 404 Brock Dr, PO Box 3097, Bloomington,  IL 617023097  Account Number: CINGULAR-201220XXXX  Date Opened: 01/01/06 Last Activity: 02/01/04 Type: Open Account  Rate/Status: Bad Debt; placed for collection; skip High Credit: N/A Terms: N/A Balance: $493 Past Due: $493 Most Recent Date Reported: 07/01/07 Comments on Account: Consumer disputes this account information , Collection account , Charge off account

Yeah I would not pay them.  This is the last account on my portfolio that I owe to.  Their main interest is to punish you for being behind in the first place.  I did a PFD, GW several disputes and even tried to talk to the OC.  THe OC tried to get me to pay by saying that they will work with me as soon as I pay.  I must look (sound on the phone) like a dumb azz.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know I won't because it's already on my CR on all 3 bureaus and the damage is already done.  If I make a payment it will only update right, and probably show as a late payment and I will get dinged on my scores.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

paying would not only update but would start the clock over (7years)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.