What am I doing wrong?

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

What am I doing wrong?

09/20/07 (FAKO) EQ 550 EX 526 TU 546
10/22/07 (FAKO) EQ 540 EX 523 TU 541
11/21/07 (FAKO) EQ 537 EX 520 TU 539

I've gotten two late payments removed from my JCPenney cc account.

I've had no new baddies added since I started this process in September, but my FAKO's keep dropping - any ideas?

Thanks!

Cathleen

10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: What am I doing wrong?

It's only a slight FAKO drop since 10/22 when you got FAKOs and FICOs.  Without being able to pick thru reports, it looks like a hard INQ or normal UTI fluctuations.  No way to tell how many FICO points the late removals actually gave you without re-pulling.  Also, score monitoring services are known for not being supremely current.  I would not take the FAKO drop as an definite indication that your FICO followed suit.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

Cathleen,

Maybe the question is "What are you doing to create positive movement?"

The question you pose in your subject just struck me as being passive. In my mind, I'm always trying positive activity even if it's just paying ALL my bills ON TIME  for that month.

Good Luck
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I just don't think that it's a good idea to rely on FAKO's as any kind of indicator of anything! Sometimes mine go up and my FICO's go down, or they're flat.

I know it's tempting to try to use FAKO's as an indicator, but I found that it just makes me crazy. (My FAKO EQ jumped back up 40 points yesterday, from EQ looking at something. The FICO EQ, which is the same one bought directly from EQ, didn't budge. And I would think that that one would know the proper way to react to EQ changes.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I just don't think that it's a good idea to rely on FAKO's as any kind of indicator of anything! Sometimes mine go up and my FICO's go down, or they're flat.

I know it's tempting to try to use FAKO's as an indicator, but I found that it just makes me crazy. (My FAKO EQ jumped back up 40 points yesterday, from EQ looking at something. The FICO EQ, which is the same one bought directly from EQ, didn't budge. And I would think that that one would know the proper way to react to EQ changes.

Now...are you actually purchasing the Fico?  I wonder how much money they make from score purchases every year.  It's incredible.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

azsassycat wrote:
09/20/07 (FAKO) EQ 550 EX 526 TU 546
10/22/07 (FAKO) EQ 540 EX 523 TU 541
11/21/07 (FAKO) EQ 537 EX 520 TU 539

I've gotten two late payments removed from my JCPenney cc account.

I've had no new baddies added since I started this process in September, but my FAKO's keep dropping - any ideas?

Thanks!

Cathleen

Nevermind the FAKOs. I don't agree with some who say FAKOs are a good indication of where your FICO scores might be. There is a huge difference in my FICO and FAKO scores. The only way you will know is to pull your reports and scores at this site. Otherwise you're mixing coconuts with mangos. Here's a link to a promo code that will give you 25% off. Let us know.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.