cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my changes for a signature loan?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

What are my changes for a signature loan?

I haven't been in this forum for so long.

I have a question, I quit my job back in May because they refused to let me take personal time off to do an internship for school. Anyway, I get an allowance from my son every month, who owns his own business, and I have no mortgage payments. I drive a Range Rover that is free & clear also no payments. I do have CC's that are almost maxed out. My question is what are the chances of me getting a signature loan with my credit union? I already have an unsecured loan with them. But if they can give me a secured loan using my car as collateral I would do it. I can show payments going into my account every month so I can show income. I have never been late with any of my bills. Everything has been paid on time every month. I just don't want to waste my time to get an inquiry when I have none on Experian or Equifax and only 3 on TU. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: What are my changes for a signature loan?

@mnegron1969 wrote:

I have a question, I quit my job back in May because they refused to let me take personal time off to do an internship for school. Anyway, I get an allowance from my son every month, who owns his own business, and I have no mortgage payments. I drive a Range Rover that is free & clear also no payments. I do have CC's that are almost maxed out. My question is what are the chances of me getting a signature loan with my credit union? I already have an unsecured loan with them. But if they can give me a secured loan using my car as collateral I would do it. I can show payments going into my account every month so I can show income. I have never been late with any of my bills. Everything has been paid on time every month. I just don't want to waste my time to get an inquiry when I have none on Experian or Equifax and only 3 on TU. Any thoughts?

Sorry to say IMHO 
I doubt it they will want to see some type of income as well as the car

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: What are my changes for a signature loan?

@mnegron1969 wrote:

That could also be a detriment to getting any further credit approvals. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.