Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can or should I do???

tag
runNL8
Contributor

What can or should I do???

In a nut shell......I had an installment loan that has been closed and PIF about 4 yrs ago. I had 6-30 days late and 4- 90 days late. Is it possible to get the lates removed? If so, do I dispute online, or write a letter. Who do I write the letter to? CRA, or creditor?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What can or should I do???

Send a GW letter to the Original Creditor.
Message 2 of 5
runNL8
Contributor

The last time this account was reported was 8/2004, does this make any difference?
Message 3 of 5
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

It still makes a difference, because the TL is still within the 7 year period that it remains on your CBR. However, since the lates were at least 24 months ago they probably aren't factoring in too much with your score.

The OC might be generous and help you out, but I haven't had any luck with GWing auto loan lates. I'm still sending out GWs for my paid VW Credit account... had around 12 lates over the life of the loan (64 months), and would love to get the most recent ones late 06 removed.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lates start hurting less after 2 years....they will stay on your CR for 7 years & start falling......the TL will stay for 7 years from date that the account was closed.........Some time it is better to leave alone & at times it is better gone.

Some OCs will delete if you disput in any way.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.