cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What credit monitoring service do you all use? (fico not fako)

tag
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: What credit monitoring service do you all use? (fico not fako)

I use Score Watch and also National City Viosa Indentity Protect (True Credit (TC))

Both cost me 20 a month but True Credit will allow me to pull at anytime to see if I should then buy a score here.  Of course there was that My Bad episode last month when I paid for a TU report here after my TC showed a 14 point jump only to discover no change in the real FICO score.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 11 of 17
fused
Moderator Emeritus

GBC wrote:
Have I been rejected as a TC customer?

I update daily but since 3/2/2008, I haven't been able to update. I click on the button and it simply routes me back to my 3/2 report.

I have been with Chase ID Protection for two months and have been pulling my reports about 3-4 times a week and have not been banned. Some of the others Chase monitoring services will ban you if TC already has.
Message 12 of 17
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sidetrack for telling me about the update!  DUH!!  I did that and it updated all of them and they went up finally.  Over 60 points!  Sweetness.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought I'd revisit this thread to say that I decided to go with Score Watch for two reasons; I just know how I am with checking things and I am sure if I had the opportunity to check my scores every day I would and know I'd be one of those banned for too much checking and 2) because of a thread on here I used a 25% off coupon and got MFSW for $7.13 per month, I couldn't pass up that deal. Thanks for all the replies.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i use my fico.  they are the real deal. 
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good call-
If you pay for the entire year 89.95 - 25% = $67.46  /12 = $5.62

Then again the $7.13 is perfect for UTL and activity.

Life lock is a joke- I am glad you changed that.

Cheezy wrote:
Thought I'd revisit this thread to say that I decided to go with Score Watch for two reasons; I just know how I am with checking things and I am sure if I had the opportunity to check my scores every day I would and know I'd be one of those banned for too much checking and 2) because of a thread on here I used a 25% off coupon and got MFSW for $7.13 per month, I couldn't pass up that deal. Thanks for all the replies.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good call-

If you pay for the entire year 89.95 - 25% = $67.46 /12 = $5.62

Then again the $7.13 is perfect for UTL and activity.

Life lock is a joke- I am glad you changed that.

I agree, I had my purse stolen and my drivers license was found on a woman that was arrested for gift card fraud. I got a little panicky and signed up but now realize there isn't anything they are doing I can't do myself.

I wish I had the spare $67 to pay up front for the super deal but we owe the IRS Smiley Sad right now so it was better for me to do the monthly.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.