cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What did/will you do to celebrate 800 Club membership across the board?

tag
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

What did/will you do to celebrate 800 Club membership across the board?

When my Equifax score finally went over the 800 mark, I did a little happy dance, then shared the news with my partner. When my Transunion score passed that milestone, as well, I patted myself on the back. Oh, and I couldn't stop bringing up the MyFICO app on my phone to look at my scores on the dashboard. LOL! Within the next month or so, I expect that my Experian score will finally cross that threshhold too.

All three scores over 800. That's been my goal from the start. And I'm almost there!

After working so hard on this since March 2011, I really feel like I want to commemorate this event when it finally happens. What did you do (or what do you plan to do) when all of your scores pass the 800 mark? I would love your input! I plan to celebrate!

I've come to believe that building and maintaining excellent credit is both a journey and a destination.

The journey has taught me so much about how credit truly works, how to be a lot smarter about my money, how to get the most bang for my buck. how to be more mindful about all things financial, how to look beyond the next paycheck to see the big picture and so much more.

The destination? Well, even though I'm still waiting on one of my scores to cross that magical 800 line, I already have excellent credit. I have arrived at my destination! It's easy to forget that the real goal is excellent credit and smart money habits and not just a score. And the destination feels fine, indeed! I've spent my whole life getting the heart-pounding shakes whenever I've needed approval for a loan or credit card. These days, I go into situations like that knowing that the question is no longer "Will they approve me?", but rather "What will they offer me in an attempt to gain my business?".

And that, my friends, feels damn good.

So let's hear some suggestions for celebrating!

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What did/will you do to celebrate 800 Club membership across the board?

Not a thing.  It's just a number.  740-760 is the range where best terms are generally offered with FICO 8's.  Anything above that is just gravy.  I'm not saying that you shouldn't be excited or that you shouldn't celebrate but 800 is really an arbitrary point.  We just tend to focus on round numbers.

Message 2 of 14
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Being very goal/reward oriented, such as I am, is both a blessing and a curse :-)

And I love gravy.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I ever get a scoer that high I think I will definitely celebrate. I would love to be in the 800s before applying for a mortgage. I have also spent my life worrying about approvals. I think I would feel better about the whole mortgage process if my scores were above 800. So I guess the answer is, if I ever get above 800, I might celebrate by applying for a mortgage!

Message 4 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

I used it as an excuse to finally close some cards I'd been meaning to get rid of and added another one in their place. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I ever get a scoer that high I think I will definitely celebrate. I would love to be in the 800s before applying for a mortgage. I have also spent my life worrying about approvals. I think I would feel better about the whole mortgage process if my scores were above 800. So I guess the answer is, if I ever get above 800, I might celebrate by applying for a mortgage!

I will be dancing with you. My scores should be cloase to 800 by the time I apply. We have plans to apply in 2017 *crosses fingers*

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Worst case scenario, my baddie stays till 2020, in that year, I will print my score, frame it, hang it in my house. Hashtag True Story Bro. Hashtag It will happen. 

Message 7 of 14
aav
Established Contributor

I did about the same as you- happy dance after telling my hubby and looking at the page constantly. I text my husband just the score every time it goes up and he's always wow'd.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 8 of 14
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I'm with Bu Yao!
Print one for my wall in color from myFICO, frame it. Print a credit card sized one in color, laminate it, put it in the top credit card slot in my wallet!
That way I'll be able to see it each and every time I use my money to remind me of my very hard work.

😆

Message 9 of 14
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

Well, today was the day! My Experian went over 800! 844, to be exact!

I keep looking at my myFICO dashboard. LOL!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.