cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do if I can't verify my information?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do if I can't verify my information?

I tried to request a free credit report from Equifax. They say they can't provide me with a report because the information I provided does not match what is in their system. (However, Capital One recently provided me with an Equifax score after a denial, and I used the same information with Capital One as when I requested the report, so they must have the data.) Equifax would like me to mail in a copy of my Social Security Card, pay stub with Social Security Number, or W-2 form.

The problem: my Social Security card does not have the same name as on my credit report (which I got from Experian two months ago). My pay stubs and W-2 from my former job don't list the address that is on my report. How can I get my Equifax report?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What do I do if I can't verify my information?

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to request a free credit report from Equifax. They say they can't provide me with a report because the information I provided does not match what is in their system. (However, Capital One recently provided me with an Equifax score after a denial, and I used the same information with Capital One as when I requested the report, so they must have the data.) Equifax would like me to mail in a copy of my Social Security Card, pay stub with Social Security Number, or W-2 form.

The problem: my Social Security card does not have the same name as on my credit report (which I got from Experian two months ago). My pay stubs and W-2 from my former job don't list the address that is on my report. How can I get my Equifax report?

FWIW I'd send in what I have with any explanation necessary.  

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.