cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do?

tag
rmc0522

What do I do?

I have about 5 collection accounts that I am going to try writing for PFD letters for. Last week I received a letter from a CA concerning one account that stated that they had a settlement opportunity and for me to call them to discuss it. The problem is, I've read on here to NEVER talks to CAs. What should I do? Send them a PFD or call and discuss the situation with somebody? What will likely be more successful?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: What do I do?

how old are these accounts? Do you know who the original creditors are? Find out what the date of first delinquency is for each account before you do anything.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 4
rmc0522

It's been less than 2 years since the last activity on all my accounts.
And yes, I know who the original creditors are.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Message Edited by rmc0522 on 12-23-2007 02:51 PM
Message 3 of 4
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

If these are valid debts within collecting SOL, settle with a PFD to the OC if they still own, not the CA who they have hired.

If anything at all seems inaccurate definitely DV all CAs.  Many people will suggest DVing all CAs anyway and I do not disagree with that either.  If the debt is accurate in your opinion and validated... PFD with CA only if the OC has sold the debt to the CA.

And yes, never speak with a CA on the phone.  Everything in writing.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.