Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you do when they re-age your co acct

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

What do you do when they re-age your co acct

Today I checked an EX cr {hard copy} with an update site report. A co acct now has a different DOLA/Last payment. The original date from hardcopy said jan01 the new date says april04 which now extends the SOL on this acct. is there anything I can do? Thanks E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: What do you do when they re-age your co acct

Yes you can. Go through the normal dispute process. In adition you can print the account from the other credit bureaus that show the date is different. make a copy of it and send it in.

Bob
Message 2 of 10
Eric958
Established Contributor

When I dispute do I ask for deletion or just that they fix DOLA. Thanks E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eric - have you had success?  I can't get anywhere on my re-aged account...the CRs just keep saying they validated and there is NO way I've ever made one payment to this collection agency, it's changed hands too many times and I had been informed that just because you pay one, doesn't mean it will go away because others "own" it too.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute it through the mail (certified receipt).  If you have old copies of your report that has the correct dates, send it in and hightlight proof.

Ask the bureau to correct or delete the tradeline on the basis of it being illegally re aged !

I had a tradeline removed this by using this approach............. I also sent in the copies of reports that I had from the other cra's, but it depends on who is looking at the info and what type of mood that they are in. I had to dispute the dates twice because in the first dispute the cra wouldn't use the info that I provided from the other two cra's..................good luck

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you...I will do that, I still cannot get over the work we have to do to prove these things, and how they can just automatically take the company's word for it...I feel like I'm in the wrong business, although I never want to be known as a thief!
Message 6 of 10
Eric958
Established Contributor

Cool, I will let you guy's know what comes of this.
Thanks for all the feedback.
E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you...I will do that, I still cannot get over the work we have to do to prove these things, and how they can just automatically take the company's word for it...I feel like I'm in the wrong business, although I never want to be known as a thief!

The Feds really need to start levying some heavy-duty fines and other sanctions against not only the CAs that re-age these accounts, but also the credit bureaus themselves for accepting this bad information. Try being a major newspaper and printing a story falsely stating someone embezzled $2300 from their job, then defending yourself in court by saying, "Well, that's what this bum down in Central Park told us, it's his fault!" It doesn't work that way--when you publish information about someone, YOU are responsible for fact-checking and being able to defend it in court. The same principle needs to apply to bogus information in credit files.

I think the libel laws should apply in full force: anyone publishing false information about a consumer in their credit file should be subject to the same civil penalties that a newspaper, TV station or Web site would be subject to for publishing false information. When EX, TU and EQ start getting whacked with $100,000 judgments for defamation of character, perhaps they'll demand a higher standard of accuracy in reporting from CAs and the like.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree 110% but it seems like they just aren't interested in helping the consumers...don't get it!
Message 9 of 10
Bell30012

Could the lack of intrest by our lawmakers be because the bankers and other financial people have a big hand in the campaign contributions...  and of course all of those people lobbying for them on the Hill
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.