cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you know? I got FR'd by AMEX...

tag
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Re: What do you know? I got FR'd by AMEX...

Yep - I just replied in another post about FR and how that AMEX Love Button can maybe backfire for me too. I dont know what they look for. I havent carried a balance for 3 months but will use it for small items then pay off just to keep them reporting.
Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have stopped using my AMEX card for now, I don't need to use it. I prefer my CITI dividends card the most now. If they F/R me, I'll probably just go along with it even if it is lame and invasive. I do need AMEX as a positive TL so it's in my best interest to comply.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can applying for a new card additional Amex trigger a F/R?
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

An FR on a CC with a measly (by AMEX standards) CL?

I would call their customer care, escalate to a supervisor, and casually ask what the recreational drug of choice is in American Express' management offices. "Y'all must be smokin' or snortin' something if ya think I'm going through a virtual tax audit for a $1000 credit card. Now y'all can call off this whole FR thing, or y'all can stick yo card where the sun don't shine" would pretty much be my response.
Message 14 of 23
ariesdreamer
Regular Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
An FR on a CC with a measly (by AMEX standards) CL?

I would call their customer care, escalate to a supervisor, and casually ask what the recreational drug of choice is in American Express' management offices. "Y'all must be smokin' or snortin' something if ya think I'm going through a virtual tax audit for a $1000 credit card. Now y'all can call off this whole FR thing, or y'all can stick yo card where the sun don't shine" would pretty much be my response.

I know, huh? After doing some thinking, I decided I'm gonna close this acct after I pay off the $233 balance next week. If I keep the card, I'm always gonna wonder if they'll FR me at anytime and that is not ok with me. Adios, AMEX.Smiley Very Happy
02/17/2021: 654 (EX), 633 (EQ), 608 (TU)
12/8/2020: 668 (EX), 630 (EQ), 630 (TU)
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

still waitting. 3 weeks, i called them today, said they got my taxes yesterday WTF, Just show me the money. also today my mortgage co, is browwing 11 million to stay a float WTF.

am i wearing doggie bones underwear it just keeks getting worse.....

i also want to book a flight,using my sky miles, WTF .cant use them .....

thx

sam
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
still waitting. 3 weeks, i called them today, said they got my taxes yesterday WTF, Just show me the money. also today my mortgage co, is browwing 11 million to stay a float WTF.
am i wearing doggie bones underwear it just keeks getting worse.....
i also want to book a flight,using my sky miles, WTF .cant use them .....
thx
sam

Actually it was 11.5 BILLION
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&thread.id=219&jump=true
Message 17 of 23
Platinum25
New Contributor

Does anyone think it's worth calling Amex C/S and inquire about these F/R's and whether or not my account is subject to one?  Amex has given me 4 CLI's since I opened the acct in October 05, always paid on time blah blah....my scores are down a little bit now because of higher usage on other cc's but I have paid all of those down, just waiting for them to report.  I just don't want to have to deal with this if I'm out trying to use the card and find out the hard way that I got F/R'd.

Thanks.
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me, I'd ask that a note be placed in my file that if I am EVER FR'ed, I will immediately cancel my card. That might give them pause for thought.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just thinking. Doesn't Amex use their own credit scoring system not FICO? So what we are doing to help our FICO scores might be triggering a red flag with Amex. Like caring small balances, ect. Good for FICO, might look to Amex as a problem paying bills. Then after doing this, one would put heavier UTL on cards and that could sink the ship. I am just guessing possibilities and do not know, but it is a possibility.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.