Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you use to monitor your credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw the thread on CCT but it has HUNDREDS of posts now with lots of outdated information for promos and prices and features that have been discontinued and that's just too much confusion. What are some inexpensive ways to check your score (not FAKO) and report on a fairly regular basis? Like more than just once or twice a year, but around maybe $20/month? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: What do you use to monitor your credit?

I used CCT for a while.  IIRC  The only thing I see they have discontinued is the 3 monthly credit pulls for each credit bureau.  They offer FICO scores, and you can get the reduced rate if you would like at the end of the trial period if you can and attempt to cancel. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 8
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

I tried CCT for a couple of months but decided my favorite was myFICO. I know it's not $20.00 a month but I can swing it in my budget and I truly like this place.
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT, it appears, is going through growing pains. However, since it is an EX product, I am not sure it will ever overcome all "technical difficulties" anytime soon, if ever. You do have access to fresh reports from TU, EQ and EX once every 30 days, along with FICO8 scores. Only daily monitoring is EX. EQ and TU are updated when you are able to pull new reports.

myFICO 3B subscription allows new CR pulls every three months, free. These reports also update many versions of your FICO scores, not the case with CCT. Also, myFICO provides daily monitoring of all three major CRAs; EQ, TU and EX along with identity related watch.

If you add CK to the mix and use it to refresh EQ and TU reports weekly, myFICO is a better option, at least for me. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Credit Check Total.
Message 5 of 8
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

I monitor TU and EQ reports on CK, USAA gives me access to what seems to be some sort of CC(T) (super)lite where I get to pull the actuall report once a year, but it provides ongoing alerts and that's good enought for me for the monitoring purposes + Credit.com for some more limited EX data. I get my TU 08 score from my Walmart and Discover cards and there's cards you could get that provide an EX score as well (btw, does any card provide an EQ FICO?).

That's as inexpensive as it gets (i.e., free), but not nearly as detailed as you'd get from say the FICO Ultimate 3B subscription. Heck, when I'm in the market from a house I'll definitely be pulling the 3B report from here for both me and the DW, but just for ongoing monitoring, what I'm doing now seems to work fine.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico 3b is $30 while cct can be had for $15.  Not sure how mf reports updates but cct hasnt been reliable for their 3b pull since last month.  I'd go with cards for ficos, like amex for ex and discover for tu, then ck for tu and eq reports.  Myfico/cct would be good for rebuilding. 

Message 7 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mostly Credit Karma and the Annual Credit Report site.  I pull EX reports and FICO's as needed but I rarely worry over my FICO's and just keep an eye on the ones from Discover, FNBO, AmEx and PenFed.

@Anonymous wrote:

What are some inexpensive ways to check your score (not FAKO) and report on a fairly regular basis? Like more than just once or twice a year, but around maybe $20/month?

If you have to have FICO's that quickly narrows down your options.  Keep in mind though that different creditors use different FICO models and there is not just one FICO model used by all creditors.  You don't have just one score.  Also be aware that myFICO's monitoring is trigger based and that not all activity with a scoring impact is trigger activity.

If you're only checking a few times a year you really don't need a monitoring service and can pull as needed.  It won't necessarily be cheap but if you're willing to pay $20/month that's $240/year.  You could use the FICO Score 3B Report to get all three reports and the 19 FICO's 4 times a year for ~$240.

@Anonymous wrote:
myFICO 3B subscription allows new CR pulls every three months, free. 

If there's a subscription it's not free.  It's just included in the subscription.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.