Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does everyone use for Monitoring and Daily Credit pulls

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

What does everyone use for Monitoring and Daily Credit pulls

Hi All,

What does everyone use to monitor their credit reports and what services allow you to pull your credit report on a daily basis.  I don't need credit scores, but I like to pull my credit report weekly and see what's changed and sometimes I pull daily.

I looked at the My Fico products but it looks like it's only quarterly reports but daily monitoring. 

Thanks!

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What does everyone use for Monitoring and Daily Credit pulls

I use Credit Karma for the free TU and EQ reports...I think the updates are weekly and they're FAKO scores but the monitoring is daily.

Speaking of which...does anyone know a good site for EXP monitoring?  I found a few older threads mention Credit.com and Credit Sesame but the former only shows numbers (no details) and the latter appears to have switched to TU Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to say I read somewhere that Exp can only be pulled by a company, not by individuals.... Think I saw it somewhere here in the forums... Don't quote me on it though. 

As for what I use, I use and LOVE CreditKarma!!!!! recommend them to everyone I come across. I also, as of yesterday, use Credit Sesame. Down side to them, only update monthly, as opposed to weekly via Credit Karma. CS also doesn't have as detailed info IMO. Will sign up for MyFico 3B monitoring soon for more accurate scores. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see the benefit to paying for daily monitoring, so I just use credit karma for TU and EQ.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had cct and now use experian credit tracker until I get a monthly fico from amex next spring.  Ck for weekly reports.  Fico04 eq from dcu checking and fico08 tu next spring on Discover so, ck for weekly reports is plenty.  If ficos are needed, I can buy them from here.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to pay for EXP credit tracker though, yes?  I was hoping to find a free report for EXP since CK gives me the other two...Credit.com gives some information but not quite as much as I'd like (ex. lists # of HP but not who made the pull or the month of each pull).  I guess I'm being greedy Smiley Embarassed but considering how a lot of CCC's use EXP it'd be very helpful!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

A cost free solution that a few people have alluded to so far is Karma (TU and EQ, weekly reports and V-scores) and Credit.com (EX, V-score and a monitoring utility that gives you a summary of your report data).

If you marry that with a once-a-year one-month subscription at MyFICO for all your scores, that enables you to periodically baseline your Vantage against FICO.  That's all I do and I am a credit score junkie.  (I also have a free EX Fico through a couple credit cards and an EQ FICO through Citibank.)

Depending on what state you live in, you may be entitled to up to three free EX reports a year.  (Also TU and EQ but Karma renders that unnecessary.)

Message 7 of 17
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm rebuilding so I currently use cct but I'm not sure if I will continue. I also use creditkarma, credit sesame, credit.com, and quizzle for fako scores just because I'm obsessed.
Message 9 of 17
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I use Identity Guard for $10 a month through Costco. While the CR/CS (FAKO) only update monthly, they do send out alert emails if there is a change to your report. They also do other monitoring, and are supposed to help with the cost/time in the case of identity theft. Not bad for $10 if you ask me.

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.